User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User davidd_ma
(newbie) Fri 03-Jan-14 22:35:10
Print Post

MJ Quinn the WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

[link to this post]

Hi All. Happy New Year!!! I am to sure if this is the correct place for the post, but here it goes!

I should have written this earlier, but I could not find time to do it.
In August 2013 I have signed up for MI training with MJ Quinn, the biggest mistake I have ever made!!! To be honest I was very happy I am going to start working for them, because what they were promising sounded very good. Long contract and good money, they were promising 6 jobs a day, that’s the only reason I have started, what more can I want!
But that was far from the reality! I was never to be given enough work, although I have called every day asking for extra work the answer was always the same “We don’t have any more work, unfortunately there is short spell!!!” That “short spell” continued for month and half, for that time my average complete jobs was below 4, which worked out below £80 a day, money before tax and fuel! Try surviving on this when you are the only person providing for a family, I have a wife and a baby at home!
I need to mention this, it’s not that I was not able to do the job, it’s that I was never given enough work!!!
So after month and half I have decided to leave. What they did after I have explained the reason for me leaving (the reason is “Not enough work and I was not able to support my family”) is to not pay my earnings for the last 2 weeks (£595), because I have signed training agreement, which states that if you leave earlier than 6 months you have to cover the expenses for the training! I have checked it with a legal adviser, does not matter the reason one has to pay for the training if leaves early!
So for two months with MJ Quinn I can say they are the worst company. Also I have wasted my time and pretty much I didn’t earn anything for 2 months.
I need to mention this as well: my mate completed the training with me, although they keep telling you that they will help you during your first week alone that was not the case with my mate! His first day alone he rings Controls to ask for assistance, they didn’t even know who his manager was! So he is out on the field until 8-9 p.m. that day and manages to complete 1or 2 jobs. The next day he quits, went back to Liverpool to return the van and he met one of the chaps we did the training with, that chaps is returning the van too and guess why same reason “ NO SUPPORT”. I had same sort of problems too, no support, tried to get through to Controls no one is answering!
STAY AWAY FROM MJ QUINN!!! THE WORST COMPANY!!!
Sorry for the long post!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 04-Jan-14 00:41:00
Print Post

Re: MJ Quinn

[re: davidd_ma] [link to this post]

What has this to do with BB or even BT?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User davidd_ma
(newbie) Sat 04-Jan-14 00:48:58
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It's probably not the best place to be posted, but MJ Quinn is a contracting company for BT Open Reach. They install broadband for almost all of the providers!

Edited by davidd_ma (Sat 04-Jan-14 00:50:08)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 04-Jan-14 10:01:02
Print Post

You do seem to have had a very nasty experience, and the others you describe as well.

But it is just some FTTC installations. There is of course no way any of us can choose who installs our FTTC.

They would probably have just got rid of you all anyway soon, as self-install is now available to ISPs.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User davidd_ma
(newbie) Sat 04-Jan-14 15:40:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
You do seem to have had a very nasty experience, and the others you describe as well.

But it is just some FTTC installations. There is of course no way any of us can choose who installs our FTTC.

They would probably have just got rid of you all anyway soon, as self-install is now available to ISPs.

Yes, you are right you cannot choose. As for "getting rid of us", who is going to connect you at the CAB? smile
Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Sat 04-Jan-14 16:06:42
Print Post

I had an install from a Quinn Worker and he was awful

attitude was I cant be arsed from the start then starting hissing and clicking his fingers at my cat, errrm!

Last straw was having to plug in my own telephone line back into the socket lol, erm was simply replacing the face plate too much effort !

Standard User davidd_ma
(newbie) Sat 04-Jan-14 17:33:49
Print Post

[re: Stanman_24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stanman_24:
I had an install from a Quinn Worker and he was awful

attitude was I cant be arsed from the start then starting hissing and clicking his fingers at my cat, errrm!

Last straw was having to plug in my own telephone line back into the socket lol, erm was simply replacing the face plate too much effort !

Not nice, but unfortunately you get people like that!
Standard User partial
(committed) Sat 04-Jan-14 21:49:56
Print Post

Re: MJ Quinn the WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

I can foresee Quinns and Kellys moving to be directly employed by BT Retail once Openreach offer Self Install to providers.

Whereas TalkTalk will ramp up their use of Qube who offer subbies pay and conditions worse than the dole.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 04-Jan-14 22:24:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by davidd_ma:
Yes, you are right you cannot choose. As for "getting rid of us", who is going to connect you at the CAB? smile
The bulk job is done. Proper Openreach engineers will be able to cope with the ongoing workload.

Maybe you haven't seen a few reports on here of Kelly's/Quinn's engineers having abort the install because their area manager hadn't given them a cabinet key tongue smile.

But you and the others have had a really rough deal. I can only sympathise - can't help.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 04-Jan-14 22:25:05)

Standard User Tom_Cahill
(newbie) Sun 23-Feb-14 11:47:31
Print Post

Re: MJ Quinn the WORST COMPANY EVER!!! *DELETED*

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to