User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User coxswain
(newbie) Thu 09-Jan-14 23:12:41
Print Post

Ip Profile Problem

[link to this post]

Wonder if anyone can help me- i had a Ip Profile of 55 up till End of November my full broadband went off and i did a speedcheck on the line and got 39, i am on btinfinty 2 i have never had over 9 meg upload aswell - i seen a direct email adress on another post on here and i decided to contact the Bt Guy and with-in 10 mins i had a reply- they sent out an engineer to the house he was here for 2 hours and 30 mins on 31st dec he swapped out my hh3 and gave me the HH5 here is my results for the test tonight as ya see i am not getting the 55 i was sold

Download speed achieved during the test was - 45.22 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-45.88 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 45.88 Mbps

surely my line speed can be put back or tried with higher speeds-
can anyone please help me what to do next i was promised a call back on Monday but no Call Many thanks for reading this-
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 09-Jan-14 23:33:54
Print Post

Re: Ip Profile Problem

[re: coxswain] [link to this post]

That looks like the speed difference between being on Fast Path and Interleaved. Interleaving is used when there is a fair number of errors on the line, as it allows in-flight correction of nearly all of them. Whereas on Fast Path any error packet has to be retransmitted and if there are quite a few then it's like trying to drink while you have the hiccups.

Unfortunately, on FTTC interleaving does lower the speed by that sort of amount. On ADSLx it made no difference in most cases.

It's possible the new HH5 will have fewer errors. If so, and if interleaving is the cause of the slowdown, in 2-3 weeks the DLM (Dynamic Line Management) may turn off interleaving.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User coxswain
(newbie) Mon 20-Jan-14 23:15:24
Print Post

Thanks for the reply- Bt Have said that there is no more they can do after they recieved the Engineers report-i find it unreal that they cant try Interleaving or reset from there end- i found this after reading a post i am on Option B
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Teleph...

it says the highest i can go on option A is 59.3 down and 16up

Also i got a email saying they would reduce the cost of my broadband cause of the poor speeds- If i asked for a Mac code and went with another provider would they give me that as they are not giving me what i signed up for Thanks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 20-Jan-14 23:39:16
Print Post

AFAIK A & B aren't options I'm afraid. They are more like best and worst cases, depending on cross-talk and so on affecting it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Jan-14 00:22:36
Print Post

Ranges A & B have nowt to do with Interleaving or any other BB parameters. They relate to whether or not the line may have wiring issues. They the best and worst estimates derived from the potential physical properties of lines and there is nowt anyone can do to move from one to the other in actuality.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Jan-14 10:45:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by coxswain:
Thanks for the reply- Bt Have said that there is no more they can do after they recieved the Engineers report-i find it unreal that they cant try Interleaving or reset from there end- i found this after reading a post i am on Option B
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Teleph...

it says the highest i can go on option A is 59.3 down and 16up

Also i got a email saying they would reduce the cost of my broadband cause of the poor speeds- If i asked for a Mac code and went with another provider would they give me that as they are not giving me what i signed up for Thanks

When mine went belly up for 2 months i kept saying it was a problem with the BT Retail system and they wouldn't budge saying nope 40/8 is the max you can get despite getting 75/18 for longer than i care to remember. Anyway in the end i managed to get them to put a fresh infinity 2 order though to clear the system so to speak and oddly enough i suddenly had 75/18 speeds again.
  Print Thread

Jump to