User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Jan-14 08:49:11
Print Post

What are BT playing at??

[link to this post]

I recently got the green light for FTTC and logged into my BT and placed an order for Infinity 2.

I've had various order emails come through, engineer date, homehub 5 delivery date and so on. BT then called to say Openreach had not confirmed the order and they would chase it.

3 days later they rang to say they could not attend on the date I selected but they could come 2 days later - no problem with that.

I logged into 'My BT' 2 days later and found no trace of the order at all. Checked the order tracker and it said order cancelled.

Not impressed with this, I called BT to see what was going on. In broken English they said the exchange was not ready but I could place an order for the 3rd of Feb.

I have just checked the new order again and it is saying 'order cancelled'. Logged into MyBT to upgrade my internet to Infinity 2 and despite the checker saying 80Mb is available, it will not allow me to upgrade.

Any idea what the hell is going on? I'm starting to get really annoyed.

-

BT Broadband21CN
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 22-Jan-14 12:26:07
Print Post

Re: What are BT playing at??

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

Possibly a fault at the exchange to do with the Openreach termination kit or the BT Wholesale GEA link.

If the latter, Sky or TT may be available, but risky to try. If the former, 'tis bust!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Jan-14 13:12:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I was thinking it must have been that. Unfortunately I am locked in with BT until 2015, not that i'm bothered because they have been brilliant on the ADSL side of things.

I have raised it with the BT Care forum so we shall see what they come back with.

-

BT Broadband21CN

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 22-Jan-14 13:17:52
Print Post

I'm sure BT Ireland will be able to kick BT India into line wink

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Jan-14 13:46:27
Print Post

It doesn't take much for the BT Order System to self-cancel itself!

Additionally, I'm not always convinced that the first line of contact is always giving "knowledgeable" answers - or whether they are guessing!

If, when you are on the line to their Call-Centre, you don't feel you are getting sensible/realistic responses, just insist on being escalated & you should be put through to someone who has more realistic responses!

Regards,
John
Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Jan-14 21:23:12
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

I'm hoping BT Care can resolve the issue as I'm pretty sure they are UK based.

Tried and order with Sky and they seemed happy to process it. Obviously I've still got 9 months with BT so no chance of getting a MAC to jump on Sky - unless I pay my contract off.

-

BT Broadband21CN
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 22-Jan-14 21:42:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by wolvesmad:
Obviously I've still got 9 months with BT so no chance of getting a MAC to jump on Sky - unless I pay my contract off.
True in effect, (you can't leave without a payoff of some kind), but not true as stated by you smile.

1) If you ask for a MAC they have to issue it. Financial and contractual matters are a separate issue
2) You don't need a MAC to move to Sky or any other Full LLU (MPF) supplier.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 23-Jan-14 08:32:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I am more than happy to stay with BT as unlimited 76mb and a free homehub is a decent deal. They have performed very well with no down time in 9 months.

Unfortunately their customer service needs working on unlike my old ISP Xilo who were brilliant.

-

BT Broadband21CN
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 23-Jan-14 08:50:07
Print Post

Unfortunately their customer service needs working on repatriating to GB
FTFY

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 23-Jan-14 10:16:40
Print Post

I'm hoping BT Care can resolve the issue as I'm pretty sure they are UK based.

It is worth noting that BT Care very often monitor these Forums, although they don't necessarily post!

Hence, I suspect that any detailed information that you post, will not go unnoticed.

Additionally, when in contact with them, you can refer to this Forum.

Regards,
John
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to