User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 09-Feb-14 12:46:03
Print Post

Speed drop yet again after engineer at cabinet!

[link to this post]

This is really starting to annoy me, I am with BT Broadband, I live quite a distance from the exchange however 18 months ago when I started on BT broadband my speed was 3.4 Mb/s then after 6 months the speed started to slow until I ended up with 1.3 Mb/s.

It took three weeks and an engineer visit to restore my speed, in total it was about 7 phone calls doing pointless speed test after speed test to give the exact same results each time. Putting the connection through the test socket three times getting the same results time after time.

BT is the worst customer service I have every come across for any kind of issue as you just go round in circles and they seem to think if you wait 2 days that it will by magic sort itself out.

So now it has dropped from 2.8Mb/s in June to 2.2Mb/s In November to 1.79Mb/s these are speed test results. So now I cannot even stream netflix at a decent resolution.

My actual line states are below, this is in the master socket there are no other phone sockets in the house and there is just a house phone connected (no sky phone line)

My main concern is that it resets itself every time there is an engineer at the cabinet doing something with it. As the past two times when the connection has dropped I have rung my friend who lives opposite the cabinet and both times there is an engineer doing something at it. Should this happen?

Downstream: 2.031 Mbps
Upstream: 448 Kbps

VPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type: Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up): 7.0 dB / 18.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 56.5 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 18.9 dBm / 12.3 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 128 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0