User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User plankton
(newbie) Mon 17-Feb-14 13:00:15
Print Post

Getting a deal for Infinity from BT?

[link to this post]

FTTC is turning up for me in a couple of months time. At that point I'll be out of my contract with BT. I should get around 24mbps at the distance I am to the Cab, so thinking about Infinity 1. I'd quite like to stay with BT as I value the sport. Would I be better to sign up my standard broadband now with someone else on a rolling one month contract so I can go to BT and get my Sainsburys vouchers etc or am I better just just to upgrade to infinity with them. Has anyone managed to get any sort of deal with BT on this or is everyone just paying out £30 install and £23 a month?

BT Broadband

Current Line Status
Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A
Connection Speed 2,528 Kbps 448 Kbps
Line Attenuation 61.5dB 31.5 dB
Noise Margin 6.8dB 12dB
NEWICK Exchange
Cab 2 for FTTC one day!
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 17-Feb-14 16:33:01
Print Post

Re: Getting a deal for Infinity from BT?

[re: plankton] [link to this post]

Check the Ts & Cs - you may find that having left within a specific period you will not be entitled to the incentives.

If you resign with BT now you will be able to move across with no penalty and you may be able to negotiate a short term deal on the ADSL service. If you get a "deal" use that as a negotiation point when you want to go to FTTC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User ggremlin
(committed) Tue 18-Feb-14 20:37:03
Print Post

Re: Getting a deal for Infinity from BT?

[re: plankton] [link to this post]

bt have a 'retentions dept.' just for you, phone them, say you are thinking of leaving because new customers are offered better deals than "valued" current customers, (or simply ask for the mac code) and see what they can offer

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to