User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jakdos
(regular) Tue 18-Feb-14 22:27:33
Print Post

No idea what my details are...??

[link to this post]

Hi,

I just got switched over to BT broadband. Typically, the process has not gone without a hitch....my service has been switched but I have not received my router / welcome letter e.t.c. Royal Mail online tracking says "GONE HOME. RETURN TO SENDER" whatever that is supposed to mean?

Anyway, I signed up for BT Infinity over a year ago, and they failed to appear twice. They did leave me a router and never sent a bag to send it back. Anyway, I hooked that up tonight and I am online.

My problem is that I have no idea what my details are, email address e.t.c. Is there anyway to find out other than ringing and holding in a queue for hours on end? I have searched all the support pages, but I cannot find my email address. I'm not even sure how to sign up for a new one, since I need some details in order to do so.

Cheers

(sensei) Tue 18-Feb-14 22:55:48
Print Post

Re: No idea what my details are...??

[re: jakdos] [link to this post]

Your first action should be to call Royal Fail and demand to know why they failed to deliver the router and why they did not even leave you a card to say they had (not) tried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 18-Feb-14 23:07:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by jakdos:
Royal Mail online tracking says "GONE HOME. RETURN TO SENDER"
Sounds like something an ex-housemate would write on a wrongly addressed parcel.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fernandez
(committed) Wed 19-Feb-14 10:20:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by jakdos:
My problem is that I have no idea what my details are, email address e.t.c. Is there anyway to find out other than ringing and holding in a queue for hours on end? I have searched all the support pages, but I cannot find my email address. I'm not even sure how to sign up for a new one, since I need some details in order to do so.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Forgotten-BT-emai...
May be some help here
Standard User jakdos
(regular) Wed 19-Feb-14 22:51:44
Print Post

[re: fernandez] [link to this post]

Thanks, but tried that.

New router and welcome pack should be coming tomorrow, so hopefully the details will be with it.

(committed) Thu 20-Feb-14 09:43:04
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
Your first action should be to call Royal Fail and demand to know why they failed to deliver the router and why they did not even leave you a card to say they had (not) tried.

You might as well try to hang your coat up when no hook existed.

For the record, just explain how the conversation with the postal service , or courier, should proceed. How would you know who to contact other than the supplier of the goods?
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 20-Feb-14 10:11:00
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
In reply to a post by MHC:

You might as well try to hang your coat up when no hook existed.

For the record, just explain how the conversation with the postal service , or courier, should proceed. How would you know who to contact other than the supplier of the goods?

I miss your point. The OP knows Royal Mail failed to deliver and failed to advise him of attempts. He has a tracking number - so quite an easy task.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User jakdos
(regular) Thu 20-Feb-14 21:57:59
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

All sorted now.

BT for some reason can send bills & offers to my current address, but sent the router my old address, from which I moved 7 years ago.

They sent a replacement router today, and I had to call them to set up email.

Now, I just need them to put me on ADSL2+ which I have happily been on for years with O2.

Cheers

Jump to