User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 03-Mar-14 12:06:33
Print Post

BT in denial over Network Issues

[link to this post]

Hi Guys,

As we have previously stated on the thread, after testing our network thoroughly we were unable to identify any issue on the BT network so we are unable to help with the problem that a few of you are reporting.

In relation the question about re-routing traffic, there were no steps taken to re-route traffic for this issue. In the interest of clarification the IPMC at BT only manage a router between AS2856 and AS5400, contrary to speculation a re-route of the traffic would affect more than just the gamers on this thread, the traffic to these servers also include all BT Vision and BT Sport traffic as well as various other businesses and Broadband users, so for this particular instance a re-route is not an option.

If there was an issue with the way traffic was being routed, the network teams would see multiple faults, the only potential problem could be with Amsterdam but as these are P2P connections itís impossible to prove as the game will run on the worst connection out of the two. BT canít control other peopleís connections or how bandwidth is being used by end users whilst playing FIFA. Amsterdam who look after our EU routers and would peer with other ISPís have also reported that there is no evidence of a wider network issue.

We donít disbelieve that some of you are having a poor gaming experience but as stated previously, this is not something related to a wider BT Network issue. We have offered to look at each connection individually to see if there is an underlying problem for each customer concerned.

We will help each customer as much as we can, but as far as pushing that the fault is a problem with the network, there is no evidence to back this up and so the network teams are unable to proceed with their investigations.

I am afraid that we have taken the decision to lock this thread, the reason being that this is now becoming counterproductive. There is little of no value to the community by leaving this thread to carry on. We are happy that the network teams have done all they can to help us with this one.

We fully appreciate that you are frustrated but there is nothing more can we do as an ISP if we cannot find the fault on our Network.

Cheers
StephanieG

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Mar-14 12:37:52
Print Post

Re: BT in denial over Network Issues

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

So, BT have offered to look at the issues that individuals are experiencing. If whilst investigating the individual cases they find a network issue then either they will tell the individual it can't be fixed or they will fix it and it will be fixed for everyone.

Without investigating the cases it may be very difficult to tie down a cause. I can understand where BT are coming from and they are denying rather than in denial.

I don't know the background but it seems there is a problem with a single game (FIFA)? If that is the case then you would imagine the cause could be the game rather than the network? Sure this has all been discussed in the original thread but what BT are suggesting as a way to look at the problem seems to be reasonable.
Standard User Ianph
(committed) Mon 03-Mar-14 14:04:49
Print Post

would this be on a single platform or all of the consoles and PC versions? and is it just BT customers or BT wholesale? i would think just BT bb customers are affected i play fifa on PC daily and encounter no network issues unless the EA servers go down

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EE unlimited Fibre 76

72meg sync
EE Brightbox 2 (Ethernet Mode) + Openeach ECI Modem

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 03-Mar-14 17:24:48
Print Post

[re: Ianph] [link to this post]

It's pretty obvious it's just BT Customers

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 03-Mar-14 17:44:37
Print Post

Not this BT Customer. I seem to have come in halfway through. Was there some context?

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 03-Mar-14 17:48:31
Print Post

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

You mean apart from the context in the OP?

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 03-Mar-14 18:23:28
Print Post

You mean

the problem that a few of you are reporting

A bit vague. How about a tweet-length executive summary?

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 03-Mar-14 18:39:04
Print Post

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gomezz:
You mean

the problem that a few of you are reporting
No. I mean the URL - https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connec...

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 08-Mar-14 09:49:33
Print Post

BT still in denial, even though many people continue to report the same problem:
Hi Guys,

I am locking this thread as we have already stated we have been unable to find a fault on our network.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connec...

Thanks
PaddyB
BTCare Community Mod

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 08-Mar-14 11:28:03
Print Post

haha, will they just keep locking new threads?

sadly isp's dont like changing network route's. I have seen even aaisp be very resistant to changing a route for traffic when is problems.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to