User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bowdon
(regular) Tue 04-Mar-14 15:49:57
Print Post

BT Infinity.. what does the engineer do?

[link to this post]

Hi folks,

So i called up bt infinity department and was enquiring about what would happen in certain situations regarding me transfering from Be with my Mac code.

All was going well until I got to ask about would the engineer make a new master phone socket for me upstairs, as currently my master socket is downstairs. The lady on the phone was so in to 'wireless' that she didnt really answer my question, and ended up saying that all the BT engineer will do is go to your current master socket and get BT Inifinity working then thats it.

I'm not sure if she thought I was asking for an extention socket.

Anyways I thought I'd ask people on here.. as anyone else had a new master socket installed upstairs during this process with the engineer? What happens?

Freeserve -> Pipex -> Be
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 04-Mar-14 16:25:51
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity.. what does the engineer do?

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

Standard Infinity 1 does not get an engineer install these days.

Infinity 2 does, and you can request a data extension if required, and relies on ISP ticking the box.

So not a new master but a socket with VDSL2 that can be 30m from the master

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 04-Mar-14 16:26:05
Print Post

Are you going for Infinity 1 or Infinity 2? On Infinity 1 you don't normally get an engineer visit any longer.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bowdon
(regular) Tue 04-Mar-14 22:25:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Infinity 2

Freeserve -> Pipex -> Be
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 04-Mar-14 22:51:16
Print Post

I don't know if they still do, but on Infinity 2 they used to include the free Home Wiring Solution, (Data Extension Kit) on the order automatically. That was when both Infinity 1 and 2 were engineer installs. I haven't seen anything about what happens about that since I1 went self-install.

Just check when you order that the HWS is included, and that enables the engineer to install up to 30m from the master, as has been described earlier. Or if more suitable, an outside run can be done to another place.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to