User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Nervous
(experienced) Thu 20-Mar-14 12:43:07
Print Post

Any reason why I shouldn't...

[link to this post]

...switch to BT Infinity 2 from Sky Fibre?

I would like to ask BT Infinity users for their experience of BT, has it mended it's ways? Is you connection reliable and low latency 24/7? do you get regular dropouts?

Is it really traffic shaping free even for P2P at peak times?

Thanks in advance.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Mar-14 12:47:15
Print Post

Re: Any reason why I shouldn't...

[re: Nervous] [link to this post]

Both products are good, I don't think BT Fibre would disappoint. Any reason why you want to leave Sky Fibre?

Oliver.
Standard User Nervous
(experienced) Thu 20-Mar-14 12:54:38
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I was exploring the possibility of BT Vision and free BT Sports.

The 80/20 package on Sky is £4pm dearer than BT Infinity 2 but my experience with Sky Fibre is good. No dropouts, Low Latency at peak times, Nothing to fault it actually hence my trepidation about moving.

Edit to add

[img]http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share-thumb/2700c...[/img]

Edited by Nervous (Thu 20-Mar-14 13:08:59)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 20-Mar-14 12:59:16
Print Post

You could check the forum for a laugh https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connec...

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User Nervous
(experienced) Thu 20-Mar-14 13:22:23
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
You could check the forum for a laugh https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connec...

Doesn't fill me with confidence BatBoy but then Sky forums are hardly problem free. You just don't know whether these are just odd problems or a sign of something more widespread because problems tend to get reported while happy customers never bother to say anything.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 20-Mar-14 13:27:27
Print Post

My connection is fine, but I use a hacked modem with all the BT spyware and remote control disabled. I'll probably move to Sky soon.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Mar-14 14:29:34
Print Post

I am on infinity 2 with BT Youview and some of the IPTV packages (not sports but I do get the extra channels like SyFy).

I joined in November and in January cancelled my Sky subscription. So far it has worked well - I still slightly prefer the sky box but the Youview system is fine. And this is a lot cheaper than I was paying for Sky TV.
  Print Thread

Jump to