User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Busa
(newbie) Tue 25-Mar-14 21:19:33
Print Post

BT closing posts and banning users

[link to this post]

Anyone who frequents the BT Infinity Forum will know that there have been several posts on there with respect to users suffering disconnections and constant random IP changes with the PPP LCP Send Termination Request message in their router log files.

All such posts have been closed with the same pointless response by BT Moderators. The response itself does not answer the questions "Why are users seeing this in their home hub logs?", "What is causing it?" and "What is being done to resolve and prevent this?"

Even worse I know that users face being banned for posting asking about this issue with no chance to appeal.

Does anyone have any idea why BT are being so evasive and heavy handed over this issue?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 25-Mar-14 21:29:55
Print Post

Re: BT closing posts and banning users

[re: Busa] [link to this post]

You mean like this?
Re: Odd Disconnections PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]
on 25-03-2014 9h02

Hi everyone,

This issue has already been raised and we posted our final response on this here

@spoonerthe1 I'm happy to take a look at your connection from here. To get in touch, you'll see the link to "contact the mods" under the section "about me". You'll find this by clicking on my username.

I'm now locking this thread for the same reason as in the link above.

All the best,

Robbie

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________

Edited by BatBoy (Tue 25-Mar-14 21:34:53)

Standard User Busa
(newbie) Tue 25-Mar-14 21:32:35
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Exactly like that and several others too.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 25-Mar-14 21:38:16
Print Post

There has been no indication of a fault with the Home Hub in any of the individual cases we have looked at.
Which means they aren't looking in the right place, or they are looking for the wrong thing.

Preconceptions in bug-finders' minds prevent diagnosis.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Busa
(newbie) Tue 25-Mar-14 21:51:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

This one is even better, dear god the place is full of fanbois:-

Deleted Posts

I think some posters asking for others to "Click the White Star" secretly mean Brown Star!

Edited by Busa (Tue 25-Mar-14 21:52:38)

Standard User Busa
(newbie) Fri 28-Mar-14 16:20:18
Print Post

Here we go again:-

PPP LCP Closed again by BT!

Will BT ever explain what is causing this to paying customers? I'd guess the answer is no and they will continue to ban people who keep asking!

Edited by Busa (Fri 28-Mar-14 16:31:16)

Standard User Bartman1967
(newbie) Fri 28-Mar-14 16:51:54
Print Post

They banned me from the forums the other week for asking why they cannot fix my problem, now with virgin with all the services BT offered, if they want to show how big their stick is and ban you do what I have done. Screw them I say.
Standard User Busa
(newbie) Fri 28-Mar-14 17:14:58
Print Post

[re: Bartman1967] [link to this post]

Yeah they banned me too, I've ditched everything I own with BT in protest at that and the fact they failed to fix my issue in over 3 months, I was actually trying to help them myself and performed countless tests and hardware changes with no solution. They are either hiding something or just plain incompetent.

I'll not let them get away with it if I can help it though.

Edited by Busa (Fri 28-Mar-14 17:17:00)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 28-Mar-14 17:18:22
Print Post

[re: Bartman1967] [link to this post]

Virgin Cable, or Virgin ADSL?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Snowstorm
(newbie) Fri 28-Mar-14 18:27:41
Print Post

I was considering switching to BT Broadband later in the year.
Reading about this type of treatment of customers is seriously making me think again.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to