User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tbailey2
(member) Wed 26-Mar-14 17:00:18
Print Post

BT is worst ISP!

[link to this post]

Interesting article on The Register HERE

BT snatches crown: Soars to top of complaints list
Former state monopoly tops Ofcom list of shame
BT was the most complained about ISP in the final three months of 2013, communications watchdog Ofcom said today.

The one-time national telco raked up the most gripes from broadband subscribers, according to the regulator's latest quarterly report on complaint figures.

Ofcom said:

For the first time, BT generated the most complaints for broadband as a proportion of its customer base - 0.32 per 1,000 customers during Q4 2013. Complaints were primarily driven by service faults and issues with how complaints were handled.

BT was also berated for pulling in the most complaints about its pay-TV service, mostly relating to faults and billing problems.

More on the site..... (and EE was 2nd worst)

Tony
Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex SDHRSTP, Cab 4
Full Live Fibre Stats, Speed, ES, Ping etc

plusnet Unlimited Fibre 48/9Mbps @ 800m
HG612/Technicolor
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 26-Mar-14 17:06:33
Print Post

Re: BT is worst ISP!

[re: tbailey2] [link to this post]

It's not really a surprise, given that most of BT is offshore now. You can't really expect them to deliver anything approaching the standard of service that would be expected of a British institution.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________

Edited by BatBoy (Wed 26-Mar-14 17:07:03)

Standard User tbailey2
(member) Wed 26-Mar-14 17:07:55
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

There are two big problems with offshore support:

1) Indian accents

2) Scottish accents

Okay so the latter is still onshore but....

Tony
Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex SDHRSTP, Cab 4
Full Live Fibre Stats, Speed, ES, Ping etc

plusnet Unlimited Fibre 48/9Mbps @ 800m
HG612/Technicolor

Edited by tbailey2 (Wed 26-Mar-14 17:08:25)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 26-Mar-14 17:11:50
Print Post

I was thinking of 3) Enniskillen - offshore wink

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Wed 26-Mar-14 18:48:23
Print Post

I'm not surprised. I have been very happy with BT for some years and have said so in this forum but this year's price rises and BT's cunning contract extensions have changed my mind. Then there's the small matter of losing BB for a fortnight, and download speed cut by more than 50% when it was eventually restored. When I complained about this I was told it was within limits and nothing could be done about it.

The retentions guy told me that while BT was slightly more expensive, it was repaid by top quality service. He'll get a dusty answer when I ask for my MAC on contract expiry only a couple of months away. BT needs to waken up, even the biggest company can no longer afford poor treatment of customers who will not stand for it. Just ask Ryanair, which is reaping the reward of treating people with contempt.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Mar-14 18:52:19
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

I've been involved with Sky's customer service trials, and it seems like their work is paying off.

"Sky retained its position as the provider generating the fewest number of complaints just 0.02 per 1,000 customers."

Oliver.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 26-Mar-14 19:28:19
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
I've been involved with Sky's customer service trials, and it seems like their work is paying off.

"Sky retained its position as the provider generating the fewest number of complaints just 0.02 per 1,000 customers."

I find that hard to believe. 0.02 per 1000 is equivalent to 1 complaint per 50,000. Sky has around 5m customers so that would mean 100 complaints in 90 days or just over 1 per day - from the whole user base. It sounds rather low.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 26-Mar-14 19:33:49
Print Post

Here's the OfCom Report Overview.

The full report PDF.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 26-Mar-14 19:36:25)

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Mar-14 19:35:17
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
I find that hard to believe. 0.02 per 1000 is equivalent to 1 complaint per 50,000. Sky has around 5m customers so that would mean 100 complaints in 90 days or just over 1 per day - from the whole user base. It sounds rather low.

I got it here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2590032/BT-t...

I guess the figure may be mis-quoted, I haven't checked the source.

Edit: ah, the figure is for Pay TV complaints, not broadband.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Wed 26-Mar-14 19:40:31)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 26-Mar-14 20:05:41
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

The mail is also showing the TV graphic when talking about broadband.
The figure is JUST complaints that get to Ofcom, so there will be more handled by ISP itself, ADR scheme etc etc

It is probably worth looking at the monthly data points, which show it is a more closely fought contest a general improving trend

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to