User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-May-14 20:45:27
Print Post

hello!

[link to this post]

Just signed up to IN2!

My AM slot was nicked whilst I was typing notes for the engineer lol so must be popular!

Good service!?

Thanks
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-May-14 21:27:43
Print Post

Re: hello!

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

What estimated speed does it predict for your line ?

(knowledge is power) Thu 01-May-14 21:56:50
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Between 60-80 down 19.6 -20 up

Full readout thingy here

http://prntscr.com/3f9elf

Edited by pcoventry76 (Thu 01-May-14 21:58:37)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 02-May-14 12:58:01
Print Post

When it works it is great, I'm on IN2 with ~76/20 most of the time, speeds can jump around a little bit for a few hours after midnight for some reason, but most probably wouldn't notice it. I only notice it when uploading/downloading because I monitor my connection IRT.

But, and it's a big but, any problems with your service, whether technical or account related, and dealing with their telephone support is the best way I know of making someone want to give up the will to live. But they are exceedingly polite while driving you mad with frustration.
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-May-14 13:57:03
Print Post

[re: jcym] [link to this post]

Thanks for being so honest.

I spent a few years working for the other ISP I was going to go for and to be honest even though they are UK based they are just as bad.

I would be using it after midnight but I will let you know if I get anything also.
Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 02-May-14 15:46:19
Print Post

Well ironically, at least in my experience, my first BB service, as compared to my ISDN or dial-up services, was with BT on their unlimited 2Mb/512Kb service and not only was the service itself superb, then again at only 2 Mbps it should have been smile, but so was their support back then. How the mighty have fallen for the only ones I have encountered on BB that is worse than today's BT was Bulldog when they had their Watchdog moment. But the very best ISP telephone support I have experienced was with my previous ISP and is not UK based, i.e. Be's Bulgarian operation.

Edited by jcym (Fri 02-May-14 15:46:56)

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-May-14 17:35:30
Print Post

I must admit, I have no issues with the service, but would agree the phone based help is pants.

That said, I normally hear a complaint about the (whichever) ISP's telephone support within 10 minutes of wolfing through the door. Me. I'd say go for it.

(knowledge is power) Fri 02-May-14 19:32:22
Print Post

[re: jcym] [link to this post]

I agree, Be's support was fantastic and it's nice to see others such as AAISP have started doing the same. Usergroups, Usenet,Irc etc
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-May-14 19:33:25
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Cheers for the advice. I did indeed go for it smile

Install on the 19th. I can't try and change it as the reschedule tool is broken at the moment. Grr I would love to have it sooner - whilst I think my mobile is fab it sucks on speed frown
  Print Thread

Jump to