User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Leenig
(experienced) Sun 25-May-14 21:18:11
Print Post

Post closed due to ruddiness

[link to this post]

I just wondered why people believe its acceptable to post remarks where they try to be clever with their wording without appearing abusive.

I just think if you feel like that then don't bother to reply or say anything - its spoils it for everyone else.
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 25-May-14 22:11:59
Print Post

Re: Post closed due to ruddiness

[re: Leenig] [link to this post]

The art of the oblique insult is to be admired not reviled. People do not even know they have lost their head until they nod

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 25-May-14 22:15:14
Print Post

I think I'll duck that question.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 25-May-14 22:49:32
Print Post

Re: Post closed due to Red Faces

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

So was I until I saw this:
In reply to a post by Leenig:
I just think if you feel like that then don't bother to reply or say anything.
Appearing abusive is in the eye of the beholder. So the one saying something would not know that's how the recipient would regard it.

And as already pointed out to the OP discussion groups don't work that way. If this is a plea for them to change it is doomed to failure.

@OP: Get over it & move on! It got your problem solved.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sun 25-May-14 23:02:47)

Standard User Leenig
(experienced) Mon 26-May-14 08:51:41
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Have have no need to worry Bob I think it great to have people like you operating within these forum with such knowledge willing to help and assist others.

There are just some people who can't help or control themselves bless them smile
Standard User Leenig
(experienced) Mon 26-May-14 08:55:36
Print Post

Re: Post closed due to Red Faces

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I agree thats why people should think before they hit the sent button

Lee

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
So was I until I saw this:
I just think if you feel like that then don't bother to reply or say anything.
Appearing abusive is in the eye of the beholder. So the one saying something would not know that's how the recipient would regard it.

And as already pointed out to the OP discussion groups don't work that way. If this is a plea for them to change it is doomed to failure.

@OP: Get over it & move on! It got your problem solved.
Standard User Squirrel
(knowledge is power) Mon 26-May-14 10:29:51
Print Post

I just wondered why people believe its acceptable to post remarks where they try to be clever with their wording without appearing abusive.

I just think if you feel like that then don't bother to reply or say anything - its spoils it for everyone else.

Noun 1. ruddiness - a healthy reddish complexion

Noun 1. rudeness - lack of manners; discourteousness

When moaning about other people's use of words at least use the right one yourself

Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Mon 26-May-14 11:02:17
Print Post

[re: Squirrel] [link to this post]

Few can possess squirrel's intellect, command of language, and patronising air. Sadly squirrel lacks the humility to recognise this and show consideration for those less fortunate than himself, thereby demonstrating the validity of the original post. Nobody's perfect, not even squirrel.
Standard User Leenig
(experienced) Mon 26-May-14 16:57:55
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

English is not my first language and it was my error.

I just think when people read those kind of replies they just think starts with p and ends in T and as 4 letters.

The funny thing thing is if you go throughout all their post your likely to find grammatical error or a word mis spelled but who cares, we all make mistakes.

I did look at Squirrel profile and his had a reply to me in the forum deleted by Seb.

I still don't understand why some people thinks it OK to attack or insult others in forums here and elsewhere.

for example squirrel writes:

Whilst typing this I am watching my download meter in another app show me downloading something at 82.3Mbps/10.3MBps - not bad going really as I was originally rejected for 512Kbps ADSL in 2001 on this same line.

I've highlighted in bold the wording that doesn't read right to me , but then English is not my first language.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/sky/t/4154067-re-sk...

Edited by Leenig (Mon 26-May-14 17:09:50)

Standard User fredfox
(experienced) Mon 26-May-14 22:59:28
Print Post

Wow - you dislike the personal attacks so much that you post a new thread to continue all this and go out of your way to dig up a post to further it.

Well done.

Pipex
Nildram
UKFSN
Now -> Be *
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to