User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RSV_Ecosse
(regular) Sat 07-Jun-14 19:47:27
Print Post

When does BT sport become available after your order?

[link to this post]

As per my other thread, we ordered Unlimited BT Broadband last night and have since received a 'Welcome' email and an order confirmation email detailing all our package contents including BT Sport.

We have Sky+ HD so will be viewing BT Sport on the TV and last night during the sign up process for broadband it asked us to enter our Sky viewing card number, which we did.

This morning I downloaded the BT Sport app on my Hudl tablet and it told me I had to 'activate' BT Sport within MyBT. So I did that and it all went through fine. However on the Sky+ HD box, BT Sport isn't activated on the channels its supposed to be on. All I see is the default blue screen and a message informing me I need to call Sky to upgrade to get BT Sport.

So - My question is, how long does it take for the Sky box to start letting me watch BT Sport on it? Or does BT Sport on the Sky+ HD box not begin to work until your broadband is fully up and running, in my case the date we've been given is the 16th June?
Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-Jun-14 19:53:42
Print Post

Re: When does BT sport become available after your order?

[re: RSV_Ecosse] [link to this post]

I would assume the latter but it will only take a phone call to find out.
Standard User RSV_Ecosse
(regular) Sat 07-Jun-14 20:01:28
Print Post

[re: jcym] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jcym:
it will only take a phone call to find out.

Absolutely. However I wanted to check here in case anyone else had any info on the subject to offer.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sat 07-Jun-14 20:11:04
Print Post

It would be logical that it becomes active the same day as your broadband otherwise they might have people ordering, watching the sporting event they are after and then backing out before activation.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User RSV_Ecosse
(regular) Sat 07-Jun-14 20:51:28
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Yeah, that would make sense to me. However a few folk on another forum I asked on about this said they were able to view it on their TV within an hour or so of them placing the order. I'll give it until the 16th and then start worrying if it still hasn't arrived!
Standard User Storm_Force
(learned) Sat 07-Jun-14 20:58:52
Print Post

Login to my BT scroll down to extra's and click BT Sport at the bottom of that screen it should say what sky card is active.

If its not listed or the card number is wrong give them a call.
Standard User flippery
(committed) Sat 07-Jun-14 21:05:17
Print Post

BT Sport worked for mw within 1 hour of entering the code. However, that was same day as broadband was activated.
I assume you were trying the SD channels on your box.
Standard User RSV_Ecosse
(regular) Sun 08-Jun-14 09:51:26
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

Errrm.......I feel like a n00b. I was checking the BT Sport HD channels. Didn't realise it was only the SD channels you get free, they are up and running. Doh! Flippery - you hit the nail right on the head when you mentioned SD channels, thanks for the prompt!
Standard User flippery
(committed) Sun 08-Jun-14 10:31:11
Print Post

Good to see it was a simple fix.
We are all guilty of overlooking the obvious solutions first.
  Print Thread

Jump to