User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RSV_Ecosse
(regular) Thu 19-Jun-14 10:45:51
Print Post

Sainsburys vouchers - How long to arrive after claiming?

[link to this post]

A few days ago we switched our broadband from Sky to BT. Very pleased so far, speeds are the same as or slightly higher than we got with Sky and everything with the switchover process went smoothly.

When we signed up online we also were entitled to the £100 Sainsburys vouchers which was nice. Waited until our BT broadband was up and running as per instructions and then claimed the voucher online. Received an email saying they would need to verify we were eligible for them, which we are as we met both the stated criteria which was that we had to order online and between certain dates. The email also states that it will be 'up to 45 days' before the vouchers will be issued? Just wondered why it took 45 days?

Also, do you receive an email at some point informing you that your voucher claim has been checked and verified? Lastly, how long do these Sainsburys vouchers usually take to arrive, on average? Is the 45 days thing a rough estimate or is it pretty much on the button, time wise?

Ta.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jun-14 10:59:34
Print Post

Re: Sainsburys vouchers - How long to arrive after claiming?

[re: RSV_Ecosse] [link to this post]

When I helped a relative switch to BT, they applied for the £50 Sainsburys voucher shortly after activation, as you did. After waiting the requisite time (60 days back then) they filed a "voucher not received" claim, BT even have a special form for it so I'm guessing they get a lot of "not received" claims: https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090

A short time after the "not received" claim was filed, the voucher was received. It seems to be a frequent occurrence of vouchers not being received after the initial application, judging by forums, perhaps BT hope that people just forget about the voucher.

Oliver.
Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 19-Jun-14 11:07:02
Print Post

Don't know but don't be surprised if they don't turn up within 45 days. It took me 6 months, repeated calls having to repeat the exact same details each time and a wealth if misinformation before I finally got mine and I know numerous people who had the same problem. If they don't turn up by the 45th day get on to them straight away or you likely won't get them as they tend to 'lose' you or even deny you are entitled to them. So keep all your order details and order date to hand as the different offers, especially the £100 one, are usually time limited. But hopefully they have finally sorted the voucher system out by now but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if they haven't.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 19-Jun-14 11:10:19
Print Post

[re: jcym] [link to this post]

If people have ordered via one of our links we are happy to pester and provide confirmation of click date.

Can imagine a mixture of bt problems and people trying to game the system are not helping.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 19-Jun-14 11:12:09
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Oh well, you're last sentence dashes my hope that they had improved if it has got so bad that they now have a process in place to report a voucher not received. Though hopefully that procees alleviates some of the pain and frustration of dealing with front line support and having to constantly contact them to ask where it is. Like you, by now I have come to believe it is deliberate though I am probably just being a bit paranoid smile.
Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 19-Jun-14 11:17:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I would agree with you yet in every case I personally know of the person was eligible, after initially trying to tell them they were not, BT support then agreed on checking that they were, and even then it took numerous contacts, phone and online to get them. In my case it took 7 emails and calls in total and I finally got it about 6 months after claiming. Another problem was their online ordering system losing your broadband order and then BT try to claim that you ordered too late to be eligible. Infinity 2 is a great product when it works but, apart from Bulldog, BT support is the very worst by far that I have experienced since I began using ISPs back in the 90s.

Edit:typos.

Edited by jcym (Thu 19-Jun-14 13:50:15)

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jun-14 11:19:52
Print Post

[re: jcym] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jcym:
Like you, by now I have come to believe it is deliberate though I am probably just being a bit paranoid smile.

I don't think you are being paranoid, if BT really wanted everyone to get their Sainsburys vouchers they would send them out without making people manually claim for them. That would also save them all the admin cost of having to process all the (lost) claims.

That said, once the "not received" form was filled in, an email came back within a day saying the claim had been processed, and it arrived a few days after that. Maybe the initial claim page directs to /dev/null ...

Oliver.
Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 19-Jun-14 13:48:07
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Well either BT are deliberately holding back vouchers until people contact them after the 45 day period or their voucher system is so screwed someone should be getting fired by now.
Standard User PlutoX
(newbie) Thu 19-Jun-14 19:31:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by RSV_Ecosse:
...how long do these Sainsburys vouchers usually take to arrive, on average? Is the 45 days thing a rough estimate or is it pretty much on the button, time wise?
Had mine at about 3 weeks with no glitches or additional reminders.

Overall, this was the smoothest part of the entire migration process wink
Standard User DooGie
(committed) Thu 19-Jun-14 20:43:27
Print Post

[re: PlutoX] [link to this post]

Mine were also about 3 weeks.
Delivered by Royal mail recorded delivery.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to