User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User astroman
(newbie) Sat 21-Jun-14 10:50:30
Print Post

Infinity 2 loss of connection every 30 minutes

[link to this post]

I have been getting what seem to be disconnections with my broadband. Pages won't load for 60 seconds or so then it all goes back to normal.

It is happening every 30 minutes on the dot. I have a HH3 and modem and all the lights stay on as they should be, just pages wont load, at the bottom of my browser sometimes I get the message "cannot resolve host"

When the drops happen I can't even access the HH page. It affects my PC (wired) 2 laptops and mobile phones (wireless) and also my Youview box. I have had an engineer visit and new HH3 but the problem still persists.

I have also turned auto wireless off and tried each channel manually but this hasn't helped either. I am using Pingplotter which shows 100% packet loss when the drops happen. When Infinity 2 works it is brilliant 76 down and 16 up with a ping of 19.

Any ideas what can be done to solve this problem, BT are insistent that it is a wireless problem but I'm not so sure?
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sat 21-Jun-14 11:52:04
Print Post

Re: Infinity 2 loss of connection every 30 minutes

[re: astroman] [link to this post]

What happens if you turn wireless of completely?

Have you checked the lease times in your DHCP server?

Does your IP address change? And if it does not, are you running the TBB Ping monitor?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User astroman
(newbie) Sat 21-Jun-14 12:11:20
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

What happens if you turn wireless of completely? Wife and daughter will start nagging as their laptops are wireless, I'll try it when they are both out!

Have you checked the lease times in your DHCP server? 21 days

Does your IP address change? And if it does not, are you running the TBB Ping monitor? Can't run it, says my IP address is dynamic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sat 21-Jun-14 12:26:36
Print Post

Ignore their whining and nagging!

But does the IP actually change? If it does then te connection is either dropping or being dropped, if it does not change then the the "fault" is probably not connection related and could be hub or a device.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User astroman
(newbie) Sat 21-Jun-14 13:00:43
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
Ignore their whining and nagging! hehe

But does the IP actually change? If it does then te connection is either dropping or being dropped, if it does not change then the the "fault" is probably not connection related and could be hub or a device.
I'll get back to you on that, thanks for your time.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 21-Jun-14 20:48:03
Print Post

An IP address checker.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User astroman
(newbie) Sun 22-Jun-14 09:39:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ok this is very strange, after my original post I had 12 hours with no drop outs. Switched on this morning and I have had 2 drops in half an hour, as advised wireless is off.

Yesterday wireless was on and as I said no dropouts.

My IP address has stayed the same.

If he Hub is faulty what are the chances of it being a second one that is faulty? I had this problem back in December/January and was sent this Hub. Could it be the Modem that is faulty, it is the original one from the install? Or could a faulty BT YouView box be to blame?

Edited by astroman (Sun 22-Jun-14 09:45:35)

Standard User astroman
(newbie) Sun 22-Jun-14 18:07:00
Print Post

some more info if it helps, whilst a drop out was in progress I was downloading a test torrent, the download speed didn't alter from a steady 4.6MB/s but trying to get to web pages was impossible.

Edited by astroman (Sun 22-Jun-14 18:08:00)

Print Thread

Jump to