User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User stniuk
(experienced) Sat 21-Jun-14 13:58:49
Print Post

BT Sport renewal

[link to this post]

Look out for a letter or email about Bt Sport HD renewal. I had the free service, that I never used, up to 1st August. You have to phone an 0800 to cancel.

From letter:
Keep getting BT sport for free
Avoid paying £6.75 mth you need to renew your contract. Phone 08004320025 to keep getting our three channels for free.

Further down:
When you signed up to BT Sport we gave you free HD until 1st Aug. After that, we'll move you to our standard HD price of £3 mth.

What the hell is standard HD?
I just phoned and cancelled the BT Sport.
Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 21-Jun-14 16:42:23
Print Post

Re: BT Sport renewal

[re: stniuk] [link to this post]

I've never bothered with it myself and never activated it, but AIUI, the free version is SD format while, special sign up offers aside, you normally have to pay for the HD version.

Your £3 sentence seems to imply that part of the deal you got when you signed up was free HD until August. Unless they have it totally screwed, as screwing things up and getting them wrong is one thing they excel at.

I used to get 4 to 6 weekly reminders about what I was supposedly missing by not activating my free TV service until I got fed up with them and told them to stop spamming me.

Edited by jcym (Sat 21-Jun-14 16:45:28)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 21-Jun-14 17:03:44
Print Post

[re: jcym] [link to this post]

Along with many others, I have free BT Sport in HD.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sat 21-Jun-14 17:21:33
Print Post

[re: stniuk] [link to this post]

It is not "standard HD" but "standard HD price" in other words the standard price for an HD service above the cost (if any) of the non-HD service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User jroadley
(newbie) Sat 21-Jun-14 19:05:45
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Always paid £3 a month for BT Sport in HD on SKY since moving to BT Broadband (ADSL2+).

How did people get the HD service for free???
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 21-Jun-14 19:09:17
Print Post

[re: jroadley] [link to this post]

You had to sign up during the launch period

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Jun-14 19:18:58
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I didn't as I was awaiting confirmation of recordability on the the Youview box before subscribing to BT TV for a marginal cost of £6 per month = £7(BT TV) + £3 (HD) - £4 (cancelling Eurosport Player sub).

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User dieselglider
(experienced) Sat 21-Jun-14 20:23:14
Print Post

[re: jcym] [link to this post]

In the email I received, there was a link to stop the HD option from 1st August, and also a link to sign up for another 12 months free BT Sport (SD), by way of extending my FTTC broadband for another year.

BTInfinity
Standard User Colin_London
(member) Sat 28-Jun-14 16:29:50
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Along with many others, I have free BT Sport in HD.

I think people have short memories - you only got free HD for 1 year if you signed up for BT Sport during the launch period. It has been chargeable for everyone else ever since. The first year is now up, hence the need to renew contract and pay £3 a month from now on.
  Print Thread

Jump to