User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 26-Jun-14 09:03:35
Print Post

New complaints Email address for BT infinity

[link to this post]

I watched BBC watchdog last night and see that so many have complained about problems with BT infinity that they have set up a special email address to deal with complaints and problems so for any of you that have problems you'd be better going to this as I think BT is pulling a publicity stunt to try to claw back it's reputation so will give better treatment to people who go down this route.

One lady got such bad service they let here break her contact BT rarely do that so this is a good route to take.

Email your complaints to watchdogcomplaints@bt.com

Heres the link to the article that had the email address in it too, good luck smile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3NmlhklHhkq...

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Jun-14 09:33:19
Print Post

Re: New complaints Email address for BT infinity

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

What seemed odd was that they blamed her 16Mb/s speed on fibre on the number of people signed up in the area. That suggests congestion on the backhaul but BT stated there was nothing they could do to fix it - either that means there wasn't enough capacity between the manifold and the exchange (which I doubt) or there was congestion at the exchange. If it was congestion at the exchange then it shouldn't be beyond BT To upgrade the backhaul there - I can't believe it was anything that BT could not have fixed.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 26-Jun-14 10:10:37
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

It's probably more down to what is economically viable for BT to fix, but they don't want to say that. After all, they can't be splashing the cash on broadband when they have so many Premier League wages to pay.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Jun-14 11:50:12
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

The impression I got was that they were suggesting it was the tech rather than the money. I believe it is the money but its far easier to tell all us tech idiots that it can't be done than be honest with us. After all, no-one else in Britain has any understanding of how all this broadbandy type stuff works.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-Jun-14 12:05:51
Print Post

Have given the transcript a quick read while I don't doubt that the people featured had the problems they did, if that was the experience for every Infinity customer then there would be a LOT LOT more complaints around.

As per usual the show missed the chance to help people and educate them and does not seem to have got an independent assessment of the possible speeds. From reading it suggestion is that it is a VDSL2 line length issue, but without the address I cannot say much more.

Watchdog is good at highlighting issues, but not so good at the tech side of stuff.

BT Retail does need to get better though at the confused messaging from orders, but then Sky and TalkTalk are sometimes no better with confusing invoices sometimes.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 26-Jun-14 12:17:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian72:
What seemed odd was that they blamed her 16Mb/s speed on fibre on the number of people signed up in the area. That suggests congestion on the backhaul
Actually, it suggests that the number of people has lead to an increase in cross-talk and this is responsible for the speed loss. This will hopefully be resolved by vectoring.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 26-Jun-14 12:20:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian72:
The impression I got was that they were suggesting it was the tech rather than the money.

One line on the transcript suggests congestion:

After a two month investigation, BT were forced to admit that was as fast as she was ever going to get. Why? Apparently too many people in her area had signed up to the service.

For BT to say this is "as fast as she was ever going to get" due to capacity is somewhat odd.

Edit: BatBoy might have answered this one.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Thu 26-Jun-14 12:23:21)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-Jun-14 12:56:38
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

That also suggests they may have been talking about cross talk

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-Jun-14 12:59:36
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Easy enough to check, stay awake till around 1am and if speeds are still slow then probably cross-talk, if speeds pick up overnight and slow down with a big drop around 4pm onwards then congestion/capacity issues somewhere are more likely.

As is the norm not enough information or depth in the coverage on Watchdog to dig into it.

For all we know the speeds the person is getting now may have been inline with the impacted speeds for the line, partly why BT Retail is quoting that range now

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Jun-14 13:09:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
That also suggests they may have been talking about cross talk

Thanks to you and Batboy for this. I only caught the tail end so probably missed some key stuff earlier. So, even saying that is all they are ever going to get could be wrong because I always thought this was what the vectoring trials were looking to alleviate?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to