User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Rebeldiamond
(learned) Mon 28-Jul-14 15:10:19
Print Post

Furious

[link to this post]

Last october i called BT to upgrade my infinity to include the youviewbox and tv package, the following day i cancelled and asked for everything to go back as it was. I was informed this was the case.
Today 9 months later i call for my mac code only to be told i'm in contract until October??
I argue this only to be told the manager said i can cancel the contract but i'd owe them 9 months of £12 for the BT sport app on my phone as that is only free if you're in a contract, once you hit the 13th month it's £12.
I am now awaiting a call back after a further escallation request.
What part of "i've changed my mind, put me back where i was please" puts me into a new contract?? The order cas cancelled well within their stated cancellation timeframe.
(learned) Mon 28-Jul-14 15:26:51
Print Post

Re: Furious

[re: Rebeldiamond] [link to this post]

This is on their website... All BT Broadband customers get the BT Sport App and access to BT Sport on btsport.com for free.

It has no asterix or a "see terms and conditions" Arrrggghhhh i'm so annoyed at BT
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 28-Jul-14 15:40:25
Print Post

Price only comes into the equation if it is a BT TV or Sky Digital Satellite Platform or Cable TV platform you are using.

I think a rep is trying it on or confused themselves (most likely)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(learned) Mon 28-Jul-14 15:48:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

He went away and asked his manager and his answer was i would be charged 9 months of £12 for being out of contract, he said the only way it is free is inside a contract, i told him i only have it via my phone app and he replied with it doesn't matter, it's any way you watch it regardless of platform.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 28-Jul-14 15:51:45
Print Post

When did you get your Infinity in the first place? That would be an 18-month contract, not 12-month. So March/April 2013 perhaps?

If it was before then, with no other fibre upgrade such as down or up speed, then yes, support are mistaken.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(learned) Mon 28-Jul-14 15:55:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It was 2nd March 2011 and no there's been no increase since it was taken out. I didn't even ask to move to the unthrottled package as i didn't want to be tied further.

Edited by Rebeldiamond (Mon 28-Jul-14 16:02:12)

(learned) Fri 01-Aug-14 21:12:15
Print Post

Resovled

Just had a call from the resolutions team at BT and am happy to say i've come away with a heavy discount and other extras free of charge.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 01-Aug-14 22:09:58
Print Post

Re: Resovled

smile
But now definitely in a contract I presume?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(learned) Sat 02-Aug-14 09:52:13
Print Post

Re: Resovled

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes, now in a 12 month contract but on a much lower monthly fee plus bt tv with 60% off and free connection and delivery.
  Print Thread

Jump to