User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jroadley
(learned) Tue 29-Jul-14 16:11:04
Print Post

My FTTC Install

[link to this post]

Thought I'd share with you the experience I've had going from ADSL2+ to FTTC.

Cabinet got enabled, as the DSL checker website updated with estimated speeds on 18th July.

As an existing BT Broadband customer, went onto the website and placed an order for BT Infinity 2.

New home hub received on expected date of 25th July - setup all OK and devices moved over to new SSID using as ADSL2+ router.

Today (29th July) FTTC scheduled, with a 8am - 1pm engineer. Guy turns up at 10am, goes to cabinet after about 10 minutes, internet/phone drops. Few minutes after that, knock on the door, by this time, router had re-synced at fibre speeds. He came in, replaced the faceplate and went on his way.

So, no issues what so ever from ordering to actual install date.

Be honest, you were expecting me to have a moan weren't you!

Edited by jroadley (Tue 29-Jul-14 16:12:11)

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Jul-14 16:30:35
Print Post

Re: My FTTC Install

[re: jroadley] [link to this post]

To be fair I think you'll find that is the experience of the vast majority - certainly mine was similar. Unfortunately most people don't come on a forum to say "it worked fine" (although if they did there would be millions of posts on here).

Congrats on a successful install and welcome to superfast broadband wink
Standard User stniuk
(experienced) Wed 30-Jul-14 10:39:16
Print Post

Same thing happened on my install.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Jul-14 12:08:18
Print Post

Your FTTC engineer install will be like many others, there seems to be a somewhate worrying trend that has developed even when installs are carried out by Openreach engineers, that being the failure to check the line after the it has been re jumpered in the PCP ,there's very few reports of the engineer ,doing a PQT and using their test equipment to check what the line is syncing at as well as obvous problems, they seem to skip these ,
Then you got the subcontractors MJ quinn and Kellys who know how to botch an install task, such as failure to replace /upgrade older NTE's that don't have that removable lower half, So they can install the filtered faceplate iis just one of many failures to do the job properly
Standard User G3UZF
(committed) Wed 30-Jul-14 16:18:20
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Me too- no hitches whatsoever.

Well done BT/OR.

Nice to see something +ve these days.

Allergy Advice: This post may contain traces of Meerkats.
Standard User nevans
(member) Tue 05-Aug-14 19:14:14
Print Post

[re: G3UZF] [link to this post]

Same here. One week from order, to installation. Openreach engineer really helpful.
  Print Thread

Jump to