User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User boranatty
(newbie) Fri 22-Aug-14 22:04:08
Print Post

Pay to no longer use Service

[link to this post]

Called BT to cancel my line and dsl today,both out of contact only to find because I am not using another provider I have to pay them £30 for the privilege, the words were to remove the service from my line.

Well it is not my line and never will be even though I have paid for it many times over,the service they will remove belongs to them,but I suppose someone has to pay for the the freebies they give out to new users
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 22-Aug-14 23:46:10
Print Post

Re: Pay to no longer use Service

[re: boranatty] [link to this post]

Read your original contract ... that tells you there is a cease charge at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Sat 23-Aug-14 00:08:01
Print Post

Charge as detailed on their site too..

uno Broadband
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 23-Aug-14 00:18:20
Print Post

It's connected to a line card on the MSAN. When broadband is cancelled it is physically disconnected from the line card, to free the slot up for another line, and just goes straight to the PSTN kit.

That means an engineer job.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 23-Aug-14 00:18:41)

Standard User Ripcord
(committed) Sun 07-Sep-14 10:52:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by boranatty:
Called BT to cancel my line and dsl today,both out of contact only to find because I am not using another provider I have to pay them £30 for the privilege, the words were to remove the service from my line.

Well it is not my line and never will be even though I have paid for it many times over,the service they will remove belongs to them,but I suppose someone has to pay for the the freebies they give out to new users

you could keep using the service and just stop paying them i am sure they would disconnect you for free then
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 07-Sep-14 10:55:18
Print Post

[re: Ripcord] [link to this post]

And acquire a black mark on your credit history and potential for debt going to a debt collection agency

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to