User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User davetel
(regular) Thu 18-Sep-14 09:07:54
Print Post

HH4 help and activation date queries

[link to this post]

Activation date ordered for Thurs 25 Sep, but have two dates given by BT in emails!!!! 18th today and 25th. HH4 arrived at 8am today. Backgorund: Currently connected on BT via a reseller routed via Entanet switched after o2W/Sale packed up in Feb. Sync 5504 atten 53 sn3. So a few questions.

1/. Should I plug in HH (or my own router) on activation date (if 25th) and just leave it on? Had intended to have day off but have to go to work in afternoon.

2/. Does the HH4 still want to reboot every 14 days? As after 15 days uptime in the beginning the BT DLM dropped my target SN to 3 and gained 600kps good for my long line, and thats where its been ever since.

3/ Assume the HH4 pack will contain the encapsulation/authentication login if I want to use my DGN2200?

Have not opened HH4 pack yet as was having second thoughts yesterday, dealing with contacting Bt is a nightmare I have now found, and they can't tell me which is the correct act. date. Was going to ring and cancel this morning (within 14 days still) then HH4 pack turned up.

Also will need to check with ISP after 10am what modulation I'm on, DGN2200 says ADSL2, and if I plug old 585 in says 992.3- ADSL2-. Had a few reyncs when 1st switched onto Bt and back of mind ISP had it reprovided on ADSL.

EDIT: They got back It is ADSL2+.

cheers all

Edited by davetel (Thu 18-Sep-14 11:04:40)

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Thu 18-Sep-14 09:15:23
Print Post

Re: HH4 help and activation date queries

[re: davetel] [link to this post]

Most likely it's be ADSL2+

There's a good chance that both old and new logins will work concurrently for a bit, why not just plug the HH4 in and see if the light goes blue ?

As for the reboot thing .... my 4 has been rock solid for ever, mind you, I'm on FTTC.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 18-Sep-14 13:23:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by davetel:
2/. Does the HH4 still want to reboot every 14 days? As after 15 days uptime in the beginning the BT DLM dropped my target SN to 3 and gained 600kps good for my long line, and thats where its been ever since.

My relative's does. Every 14 days they get "OpenRG is going for reboot by IPC command" and the router reboots. Unusually for a router, the event log survives reboots.

I don't think anyone ever got to the bottom of why the OpenRG reboots happen, but the log suggests some kind of remote command.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User davetel
(regular) Thu 18-Sep-14 20:50:11
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
I don't think anyone ever got to the bottom of why the OpenRG reboots happen, but the log suggests some kind of remote command.

Guess if I use my own router it won't happen?

cheers
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 18-Sep-14 21:34:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by davetel:
Guess if I use my own router it won't happen?

Yes, I would imagine it just ignores the OpenRG command.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Thu 18-Sep-14 21:36:23)

Standard User davetel
(regular) Fri 19-Sep-14 10:35:31
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
.....why not just plug the HH4 in and see if the light goes blue ?

Plugged in this morning but no go, least I could set up a few things.

Did try the user login and password for current ISP, but h/hub said it may not support that connection! On DGN2200 router, the ISP required specific DNS paremeters to be entered and uncheck the "Get dynamically from ISP" tickbox, maybe that's why.

I did assume that the actual DSL connection would be established though, where I could see if it synced any higher than the Netgear, but I could not find any stats on main BB connection page and it was hard to to tell if the lights below the Power which was red = DSL connected- were orange or red. -connected but account not set up- or red -wrong username-. Only really trying to establish which router would be best, believe the NG chipset is not as compatible.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Sep-14 16:26:41
Print Post

I got lost after the first sentence ....
Standard User davetel
(regular) Fri 19-Sep-14 16:45:52
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
I got lost after the first sentence ....

Clear as a bell to the techies at work, but they don't use BT. EDIT:

Edited by davetel (Fri 19-Sep-14 17:11:40)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Sep-14 16:52:38
Print Post

That's my point....I aint a techie.wink

Just a little humour mate smile
Standard User davetel
(member) Fri 19-Sep-14 17:26:01
Print Post

Re: HH4 help and activation date queries UPDATE

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
That's my point....I aint a techie.wink
Just a little humour mate smile

Nor I, Horrid day at work, sorry. smile

OK got HH4 up and running, but sync never went above 4896, put DGN2200 back on synced at 5512 thruput at 5.10 on TBB test. Guess I will use my own router then.

Edited by davetel (Fri 19-Sep-14 19:22:45)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to