User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User burty101s
(newbie) Thu 06-Nov-14 13:16:52
Print Post

BT BusinessHub 5 Bridge Issues

[link to this post]

Hi All,

This is my first time on here as I think this forum has quite a few knowledgeable people on here.
I have just had BT Business Fibre installed at home (wanted the static IP's and I have a home server so quite a bit of traffic goes to it at times).

I've got a Netgear 6300v2 router which I want to use, at my last place when I had a BT Modem this worked beautifully. With the Business Hub 5 having the VDSL modem built-in I cannot get the Netgear to work as easily. I enabled Bridged mode on the Business Hub 5 but this made very little difference.

I want to change to the Netgear because the wireless is vastly superior when multiple devices are connecting and I also find the gigabit ports on the Netgear to be slightly faster as well.

Question is, can I get BT to change my Business Hub for an older style Modem? Or has anyone had any success getting the Business Hub into a working bridge mode?

Would appreciate any help on this one.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 06-Nov-14 13:40:30
Print Post

Re: BT BusinessHub 5 Bridge Issues

[re: burty101s] [link to this post]

You could get an HG612 on eBay quite cheap, and even unlock it to gain access to the full line stats. That can be useful if your connection develops a problem.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Nov-14 21:38:19
Print Post

Re: BT BusinessHub 5 Bridge Issues

[re: burty101s] [link to this post]

Like Robertos said, the easiest option is to just go buy one off E-bay. Did you not keep the old one from your previous installation ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to