User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User steve99999
(regular) Sat 15-Nov-14 19:28:21
Print Post

Nightmare switch from Sky to BT infinity 2 can i cancel?

[link to this post]

After 3 hours on the phone to BT i want to leave 1 day into my contract...can i leave without fees?

Bascially my phone line is live ( i paid upfront for this ) but my BT infinity 2 never went live. Now they tell me it won't go live until the 24th and i now i need a engieer to visit my home to fit a faceplace etc ( which i already have! )

So for 3 hours today i have been passed around, hung up on! And told so many different dates and opinions

So i want out, can i leave or i'm i screwed?
Thanks
Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Nov-14 22:39:42
Print Post

Re: Nightmare switch from Sky to BT infinity 2 can i cancel?

[re: steve99999] [link to this post]

If you mean the broadband part, I don't see why not, for they haven't delivered on what they said they would. Next time you phone insist that it is escalated up to someone who can actually deal with the issue and don't accept anything less. If you get nowhere email gavin.e.patterson@bt.com the ceo, it got my problems sorted.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 15-Nov-14 23:03:43
Print Post

[re: jcym] [link to this post]

As it was a bundle, he could end up with no phone line either if he does get it cancelled, as reverting to the Sky service would be almost impossible.

A Catch 22 situation. He is unlikely to get FTTC from any ISP before that date whatever happens. At best, Openreach can be kicked into an earlier date for the BT connection.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 15-Nov-14 23:07:04
Print Post

Are you still on Sky broadband, or a mobile/something connection?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Nov-14 01:27:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I got both together when I migrated from Be but they are billed separately and have been even before I chose to pay a year up front. In fact. the order for the BB doesn't go through until the phone is back with BT in case there are problems with migrating back to BT. I know as in my case I was a victim to their mess of an online order system where the follow up BB order invariably failed to materialise when your telephone line went live with BT. Fortunately, a friend had warned me to check that when I got notification of my phone line going live that I also got notification of the BB order having been put through. For on checking after not getting such a notification I just got a 'huh what BB order'. Fortunately, for once I actually got put through to someone who knew about the problem with online ordering of BB so put the BB order through again there and then in plenty of time so that I didn't lose any additional time in getting BB connected. Others have been less fortunate, as has been seen on here.

Edited by jcym (Sun 16-Nov-14 01:29:45)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 16-Nov-14 02:14:47
Print Post

Miigrations from Be SMPF and from Sky MPF are hugely different processes. You can't equate the two.

Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Nov-14 06:01:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well Sky already owned Be when I left for BT though they hadn't yet done away with Be and I had both my BB abd phone line from Be. So how is the process different., For in either case BT can't start a broadband service on the line until they know the phone has been moved over to them without problem and so the BB order is not put through until the phone is back under BT's control. I just had one of my friends switch over from Sky to BT (phone and BB) and it was identical to the process I went through, complete with BT still managing to mess up the I2 part of the order made online. People keep telling me that it has been fixed but I still regularly come across people having problems with the I2 part of the order being out through if they ordered online. Though fortunately, as I and others who had gone through the process had already warned him of the possibility, he checked and got it sorted straight away when he found the I2 order hadn't gone through.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 16-Nov-14 12:09:27
Print Post

Ah. I thought you meant your were on full LLU on Sky, but it now looks as though you didn't. In which case, did you get a MAC off Sky? You needed one, and if you didn't that could be the cause of your problem.

Just to be sure, when you ordered the Infinity, did you do it online, with the BT checker recognising the number?

Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Nov-14 03:47:43
Print Post

This sounds like a standard return to donor, where the line comes back first, then the broadband order gets placed when the line goes back to BT.

It happened with me going back from Sky LLU to BT. They could not place the order for the broadband until my line was off Sky's SVBN.

This was years ago though

Edited by BuckleZ (Mon 17-Nov-14 03:48:14)

Standard User Bob_s2
(experienced) Mon 17-Nov-14 08:21:19
Print Post

Difficult to tell what is going on but it is probably not a straightforward situation. Probably Sky have to take over your voice line from Be (Be being a different Sky business unit) Sky will then move your line to full LLU they can then connect your Broadband. It may take a while whatever you do, Trying to cancel half way through I likely to create an even binger problem
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to