User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tomxlisa
(committed) Wed 03-Dec-14 08:27:57
Print Post

Install

[link to this post]

How long does FTTP take from ordering to them coming out and installing it?.

Edited by tomxlisa (Wed 03-Dec-14 08:28:51)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-Dec-14 09:49:19
Print Post

Re: Install

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

Not enough people have posted their experience to give a good timeline for you, really will vary a lot from area to area so chasing provider is the only way to find out.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Jax2
(regular) Wed 03-Dec-14 10:11:12
Print Post

Zen say on their website "Lead times to completion vary but are typically within 15-20 working days"

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brightd
(experienced) Wed 03-Dec-14 13:12:26
Print Post

I ordered back in May and am still waiting for Openreach to install ducting from the chamber on the other side of our close. According to roadworks.org that will start tomorrow and the latest go live date from BP is 17th December. I do not think that my situation is typical though.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-Dec-14 14:23:21
Print Post

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

Would add that given 23 to 2nd Jan are pretty much emergency/fault type work only period in many business sectors that lead times will be longer in December.

For example, those ordering FTTC are advised by TalkTalk that the last date for getting FTTC live has already been and gone.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User celad2001
(learned) Wed 03-Dec-14 15:34:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

For example, those ordering FTTC are advised by TalkTalk that the last date for getting FTTC live has already been and gone.

it certainly was when i ordered in october... no fibre 14 days after it had been installed..!!!! still i have the full refund cheque now...happy happy sky customer
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 03-Dec-14 17:50:48
Print Post

Two visits, (that breaking in mind that there is no 'other' issues in getting the tubing from the manifold to the property) The first to provide a CSP (customer splice point) and blowing the fibre from the DP to the CSP. Once this is done. you'll get an appointment for the engineer to come and do the physical fit in to the property.

Standard User Rastus
(experienced) Wed 03-Dec-14 18:41:17
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Perhaps you wouldn't mind answering something I've been wondering about FTTP installs please?

At what point is the 'Internal' fibre cable (i.e. the indoor one which plugs in to the ONT) spliced on to the fibre from the DP? Is it on the first or the second visit?

If it's the first visit, then I presume it's then left coiled up inside the CSP awaiting the second visit?

Or is that not the way it happens, and it's spliced on the second visit?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 03-Dec-14 19:02:41
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

http://tom.goskar.com/2013/09/20/my-fibre-to-the-pre...

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 03-Dec-14 20:01:10
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

The 2nd visit sees the engineer run the ruggedised fibre lead in cable from the CSP to the ONTE, and does the splice.

Two splices done on the 1st, on at the DP and one at the splitter.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to