User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Dec-14 02:11:41
Print Post

Order totally broken, BT doesn't seem to care

[link to this post]

Hi,

Ordered the black friday special fibre/tv/phone deal. Got a call later on saying there was a delay to the order, because Sky (coming from Sky LLU) wouldn't give BT a cease date. I don't even know what a cease date is, according to everyone on the forums BT is in total control of this order.

I've phoned back multiple times, tweeted, posted on the BT forums and just getting absolutely nowhere. Had some nice Liverpudlian guy that said he was going to sort it all back and phone me back, but never got a voicemail and there's no outstanding orders showing for TV and Broadband.

It was meant to be installed on the 17th which is almost certainly an impossibility now. We cancelled the Sky for around a month after we ordered BT so we didn't get double charged, but now it's looking like we're going to have no broadband or TV over christmas.

Anyone have any ideas of what I can do here? I seem to spend an hour on hold/talking to people to be told that someone is going to ring back and then get nowhere. I notice that BTs head office is near my work (St Pauls) - anyone had any luck just walking in there and speaking to someone in person?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 09-Dec-14 08:42:19
Print Post

Re: Order totally broken, BT doesn't seem to care

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

By telling Sky you wanted to cancel, which changes advice people gave previously Sky may have placed a cease order. So what BT want to know is when is your last day with Sky.

The cease order is blocking a migration, bt has to book a provide that can be no earlier than the cease.

You messes up, you should have let the migration inform Sky that you wanted to move. This may have led to a week or so of double bill but avoids lose of Internet.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Dec-14 08:47:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I didn't actually cancel the Sky broadband/phone. Just the TV. I did request a MAC code (wasn't sure if I needed it first - never moved from LLU to BTw).

That may make more sense though, I'll see if they have actually placed a cease order or not.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Dec-14 09:44:05
Print Post

There's been no cease order placed from Sky. Just a MAC code generated.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 09-Dec-14 10:07:20
Print Post

Sky is usually full LLU and there is no MAC to generate.

If Sky were able to supply one, suggests you are on shared LLU (SMPF) which it is just a plain old migration, and this will confuse some online systems, since they presume all Sky users are on full LLU.

How are sure that no cease order was placed on the broadband and phone?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Jan-15 02:04:53
Print Post

Bit of an update, 4 failed orders and despite speaking to the executive team.

Sky bb and phone is still working. THere's no cease on the line been placed for sure.

Bit stuck really. Another install date on the 2nd of Jan, tomorrow. Let's see if 5th time is the lucky one.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 02-Jan-15 10:21:49
Print Post

Would it be easier to move to Sky fibre?

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Jan-15 22:44:26
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Well, amazingly it was installed. I was going to move to Sky fibre but it just wasn't realistic in terms of pricing (would work out at about £80 for tv/phone/fibre bb vs £55ish for BT tv/phone/fibre).

Problem now is that it keeps disconnecting and is only syncing at 20/10 instead of 40/10. Stats are at http://i57.tinypic.com/bfjp1j.png

The BT checker for the line says that we should get the full 80/20 (if that was the package we were on). I doubt the cabinet is even 100m away by cable length.

Any ideas where to start diagnoising what is going wrong?

Thanks
Martin
Standard User unknown101
(newbie) Fri 02-Jan-15 22:59:29
Print Post

Was it a self install or a managed install (engineering appointment and home wiring)?

If it was self install is the hub 5 on the master (first socket from the external lead in drop wire or underground feed)?

If it is might be worth disconnecting extensions if any on the line by unscrewing the bottom half of the master socket and plugging filter hub 5 in there and seeing if there are any improvements.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 02-Jan-15 22:59:56
Print Post

An Openreach engineer or a subcontractor? (Kelly's/Quinn's)

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.1/14.8Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to