User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User OnFire
(learned) Sat 17-Jan-15 08:48:07
Print Post

What proportion of total bandwidth is BT WiFi restricted to?

[link to this post]

Does anybody know what proportion of total bandwidth is BT WiFi restricted to? BT WiFi piggy backs off BT Home Hub routers - giving other users their own login to the internet, off your connection. But I am just wondering, what percentage of my total bandwidth are other users restricted to?
Many thanks.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 17-Jan-15 09:50:44
Print Post

Re: What proportion of total bandwidth is BT WiFi restricted

[re: OnFire] [link to this post]

Looks like 4 Mbps up and down on mine http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User eckiedoo
(experienced) Sat 17-Jan-15 16:40:39
Print Post

Re: What proportion of total bandwidth is BT WiFi restricted

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

And isn't that flexibly?

So that if nobody is using that side of the OP's WiFi, it is still basically available to the OP?

Also, would not the degree of allocation be more significant on the Broadband side of the connection rather than the WiFi, the latter seems to be typically quite large, in my own case (not BT) around 300 Mbps, compared to my Broadband being generally about 37 Mbps Down, 9 Mbps Up.

Apart from which, any user of that "public" part would have to be quite close to the Hot-Spot, say about 50 Metres.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to