User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User odyseus
(member) Wed 21-Jan-15 12:39:47
Print Post

Another BT Order Run Around :(

[link to this post]

Like others I have been tempted by the 'switch' offers on BT Infinity & Phone.

Currently, I pay nearly £50 to Zen for Fibre2 & Phone (even though my d/l has dropped to about 31Meg).

The BT offer is £28 inc 31Meg, unlimited + phone

I first ordered through the BT site but after a week nothing showing on the system - only order pending and no contact from BT. Also I asked for BT sport on SKY but no method of doing this.

So I ordered again but through one of the Switch sites - inc £50 Sainsbury's voucher. Again order was pending. This time I phoned them up and after many menu's got through to a difficult to understand Indian guy. He first said that order was ending because I couldn't get Fibre - I explained I was already on fibre and so he went away for a few minutes. He then came back and said order was now live (and I checked that it did now appear on the website with all details)- I also got him to cancel the first order. With the order this time, I was asked for my SKY card and BT sports is now active.

Anyway, on Sunday, I get an email saying there is a delay in my order and someone will contact me by 8pm 20th Jan - NOW the order does not show up on the BT website, saying it's cancelled. I rang yesterday after another unintelligible message left on my phone.

This time the Indian guy said order was indeed cancelled as it had not been placed correctly and there was an issue with ownership of the line??? Anyway, he disappeared for a few minutes trying to put me through to another dept but failed and said they would ring back - Of course they didn't??

Although the order is cancelled, BT sport is still active on my SKY box???

So I'm wondering if I should try ordering again because the switch site is now offering £125 Sainsbury voucher Plus a £50 M&S voucher????

I could go with an improved Zen package of £38 (still £10 more expensive than BT though)

I'm sure I read on the forums that someone had been told by BT that 80% of online orders after 31st Dec had been cancelled?

BT customer service sure does suck though frownfrown

Powered by Zen Fibre Unlimited 2 & Billion 7800N on a Dell XPS 8300 Icore7 & Windows 8.1.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 21-Jan-15 16:35:38
Print Post

Re: Another BT Order Run Around :(

[re: odyseus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by odyseus:
I'm sure I read on the forums that someone had been told by BT that 80% of online orders after 31st Dec had been cancelled?

BT customer service sure does suck though frownfrown
Here, near the end of the third paragraph.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.2/15.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 21-Jan-15 17:06:42
Print Post

Is the BT system asking if you have broadband already and requesting you to provide a MAC, (Migration Authorisation Code)

Continuing to place orders is not likely to change much, what you need to do is persist with one of the orders and chase to get them to resolve the glitch that is stopping you progressing.

With now two orders that may be partially in the system there is some unravelling to be done. Did you keep copies of any order/transaction numbers, i.e. always worth grabbing a screen shot when placing an order so that you have some proof at a later date.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User odyseus
(member) Wed 21-Jan-15 17:52:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

OK, when going through the ordering process, it never asked me for a MAC code BUT it did ask my permission (by clicking a dialogue) for BT to approach my current provider ZEN. (As it turns out Zen supplied a MAC code some two weeks after requesting one)

Today I received a letter from BT thanking me for choosing to migrate my Fibre and Phone services and this take place on the 28th Jan - which was the date shown on the website before the order disappeared and said was cancelled ????

Powered by Zen Fibre Unlimited 2 & Billion 7800N on a Dell XPS 8300 Icore7 & Windows 8.1.
Standard User odyseus
(member) Thu 22-Jan-15 22:48:45
Print Post

Rang BT yet again, they confirmed order had been cancelled and for me to re-order (for the 3rd time now). Nothing showing yet on BT site so far frown frown