User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Sat 31-Jan-15 10:33:11
Print Post

Disable BT WiFi

[link to this post]

Trying to disable this but whenever I try to log in it says my username is incorrect.

It is asking for a BT Internet e-mail address, something I have never had.

I am trying to use the address I used when I originally registered for BT WiFi and it will not accept that.

Any ideas?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 31-Jan-15 11:04:53
Print Post

Re: Disable BT WiFi

[re: NaNook] [link to this post]

I suggest you raise it with BT_Care http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Sat 31-Jan-15 11:26:06
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I got it deactivated when I phoned to get my package downgraded.

Everything is such a drag with BT frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 31-Jan-15 11:50:34
Print Post

That's what happens when you outsource to the 3rd world.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User PaulKirby
(member) Sat 31-Jan-15 12:46:36
Print Post

I don't think they are that bad, well not when you get your local MP involved due to a faulty line.

Most of the time when you phone them your talking to BT India which can be helpful sometimes, but mostly seem to read from a card with a flow chart on it, which may resolve the basic issues.

If your referring to BT FON, for some reason BT India didn't disable that feature even though they said they would, it just didn't get disabled.

But using that BTCare link can take a couple of days for them to phone you back, but I have always had better result when using this link.
Also these people after explaining that enabling BT FON on such a slow line is rather stupid and we need as much of our connection as possible, granted if we had fibre this may change, but they was very happy to disable it and low and behold a day later when our SNR was reset and the re-sync I noticed it was disabled.

So it all depends on who you talk to.

Paul
Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Mon 02-Feb-15 10:45:10
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

All disabled now, thanks smile
  Print Thread

Jump to