User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Mon 02-Feb-15 10:00:54
Print Post

HH5 DHCP/DNS Cache

[link to this post]

I would like to know how to clear these, if at all possible, without resetting the router.

Reason I ask is.....For some reason, all of a sudden, my Sky+ app will no longer see or connect to my Sky box, whereas there has been no problem before. I just noticed this last night.

Upon checking, the Sky box is connected to the internet, I am able to download catch up etc, so no problem there.

What I did notice was, the IP address as reported by the Sky box does not appear on my network map on the HH5. There is an unknown device reported which is the same IP address as the Sky box was a few days ago.

So clearly, the Sky box is connected but is not showing as connected on the HH5.

My initial thoughts are to clear the DHCP/DNS cache and start over.

Any other ideas?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 02-Feb-15 12:57:24
Print Post

Re: HH5 DHCP/DNS Cache

[re: NaNook] [link to this post]

Factory reset.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 02-Feb-15 13:12:53
Print Post

It is unlikely that the DHCP table makes any difference whatsoever - the devices will talk directly without it. It is possible the name resolution is causing an issue but my first step, if you haven't done so already, would be to reboot the Sky box. Also, killing the Sky+ app and restarting it may help.

Whether a device shows up in the list on a router is largely irrelevant to how well it works - the router doesn't actually need to be aware of it as the communications will be via the switch and not the router itself.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ggremlin
(committed) Mon 02-Feb-15 14:24:26
Print Post

if you click on a device within the home network map, it allows you to update details, or delete the device.
(just tested it on hh5b)
edit,
there is also a refresh which re-maps current devices, and theres a refresh on the dhcp listings page too.

Edited by ggremlin (Mon 02-Feb-15 14:29:10)

Standard User PaulKirby
(member) Mon 02-Feb-15 15:44:44
Print Post

[re: ggremlin] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ggremlin:
if you click on a device within the home network map, it allows you to update details, or delete the device.
(just tested it on hh5b)
edit,
there is also a refresh which re-maps current devices, and theres a refresh on the dhcp listings page too.
Agreed, also the same for BT Home Hub 4 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.26
It just started working with the latest update (24/01/15) before then it has all been with no devices.
I have mine all named up to who's PC, Skybox, Mobile Device etc, and I just investigate when I see another unknown pop up on the list.

Would be nice to allocate them with custom Icons etc.

Paul
Standard User NaNook
(freechataholic) Wed 04-Feb-15 07:08:38
Print Post

I reset the network on the Sky box and it all seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for your responses.
  Print Thread

Jump to