User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Inferno78
(member) Sun 15-Feb-15 15:31:57
Print Post

HH5 Gurus Needed

[link to this post]

a friend of mine was trying to setup 2 servers on his HH5, he could get access from within his LAN but not from WAN, tried for hours to get what i thought was a simple thing to do, but with no success, i originally thought it was the way he had the servers setup in his DHCP that was forwarding the ports to them

anyway when i got home i thought i would try it on mine, i am also using a HH5, so i set about with 2 Raspberry Pi's, both setup exactly the same way, except for different IP's and different ports to connect to them

i forwarded ports
8887 to Server 1
8888 to Server 2
(these are also the internal ports i connect to from my LAN)

low and behold, i could get access to them from within my LAN but when i try from WAN, all i get is "403 Forbidden Access Denied"

i have tried changing

Configuration
Default: Option Allow all outgoing connections and block all unsolicited incoming traffic. Games and application sharing is allowed. for firewall level is unselectedAllow all outgoing connections and block all unsolicited incoming traffic. Games and application sharing is allowed.

to

Configuration
Disabled: Option Allows all traffic to pass through the Firewall. Note: youíll still need to use the Port Forwarding feature to make sure that certain applications work properly. for firewall level is selectedAllows all traffic to pass through the Firewall. Note: youíll still need to use the Port Forwarding feature to make sure that certain applications work properly.

without success, i can connect to my ReadyNAS NVX via SSH just fine over WAN, i can connect to Transmission on my ReadyNAS over WAN just fine

ReadyNAS:
SSH - port 50001
Transmission - port 8181

Server 1
Web Login - 8887

Server 2
Web Login - 8888

i cant find any way for me to be able to login into Server 1 or Server 2 from WAN

can anyone help with this please

Edited by Inferno78 (Sun 15-Feb-15 15:40:45)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 15-Feb-15 15:35:35
Print Post

Re: HH5 Gurus Needed

[re: Inferno78] [link to this post]

How are you testing this, using a VPN?

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User Inferno78
(member) Sun 15-Feb-15 15:42:10
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

sorry just updated the post, i was trying to access them directly over WAN to a Web login page, ports forwarded to the appropriate server IP addresses

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 15-Feb-15 15:47:13
Print Post

You can't access the LAN from the WAN if you're on the LAN. Can you try a VPN?

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
Standard User Inferno78
(member) Sun 15-Feb-15 15:54:18
Print Post

i am trying to connect from someone else's internet connection, not my own, VPN isnt possible because it will be a user based remote login
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 15-Feb-15 15:56:27
Print Post

Do you have UPNP turned on?

Have you tried putting a server in the DMZ?

Edited by BatBoy (Sun 15-Feb-15 15:57:09)

Standard User Inferno78
(member) Sun 15-Feb-15 16:00:39
Print Post

i have tried

UPnP on and off
Extended UPnP security on and off

DMZ isn't viable as as there are 2 servers
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 15-Feb-15 16:03:16
Print Post

Lol, isn't it possible to test just one server in the DMZ?

Standard User Inferno78
(member) Sun 15-Feb-15 16:06:19
Print Post

good point
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 15-Feb-15 16:06:31
Print Post

Have you followed the Help pages? http://bthomehub.home/help.htm#A_APPS

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to