User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pxr5
(regular) Mon 16-Feb-15 18:49:03
Print Post

Infinity 2 and ADT Monitored alarm

[link to this post]

Hi. I've ordered BT Infinity 2 and now waiting a month before install! Anyway I believe the install is done yourself now, which is OK. But I only have a NTE5 master socket. Hardwired into it is an ADT alarm system (about 18 months old). My current ADSL2 connection is fine so am I correct in thinking that the ADT system has its own filter and will not cause an issue come Infinity 2 time? Or do I need to get hold of ADT to sort it out, or should this be OR responsibility.

Thanks
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 16-Feb-15 19:46:24
Print Post

Re: Infinity 2 and ADT Monitored alarm

[re: pxr5] [link to this post]

Well if you have a NTE5 Filter Faceplate your ADT Alarm should be connected to the phone line that all your other phones are connected, which is after the filter.

Normally you can just plug your modem/router in the same socket as where you have your ADSL currently connected to.

If need be you can also buy newer NTE5 ADSL/VDSL Filter faceplates.

Paul
Standard User pxr5
(regular) Mon 16-Feb-15 20:59:50
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thanks Paul but I've read that alarm companies have dispensation to connect to the incoming terminals. If so I assumed the alarm box must be doing the filtering. I currently have one microfilter hanging from the NTE5 and this feeds the ADSL router and one phone. There are no other extensions.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 16-Feb-15 22:59:13
Print Post

[re: pxr5] [link to this post]

If the alarm is working with adsl2+ with no impact then should be fine with infinity

Yes alarms will be hardwired in, the aim to make it harder to disconnect before it has had time to send out a call etc

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User pxr5
(regular) Tue 17-Feb-15 11:39:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you sir. I'll review when Infinity 2 is installed.
  Print Thread

Jump to