User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User trif
(newbie) Thu 19-Feb-15 21:44:27
Print Post

How To get a section of line replaced

[link to this post]

So over a month ago I posted this,

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/bt/4381815-how-to-r...

Basically a brilliant engineer finally found the intermittent fault we've had for 3 years or something, tested all the other lines in the aerial cable (16 pairs?) and they were all bad while it was wet (middle of winter)

He put a job on for the line team to change that section, they came when it was dry, tested the lines which were ok while it was dry and swapped us to one of the others,

As soon as it rained the line went bad again, crackle when first picking up the phone and somewhat sad ADSL,

So the million dollar question is what do we do now? we have a faulty line, I've had another engineer visit since (dry day) and he couldn't find it even though I pointed him at the bit of cable, and because he couldn't he couldn't book the line team to change it,
Standard User rosspaul
(member) Fri 27-Feb-15 14:12:01
Print Post

Re: How To get a section of line replaced

[re: trif] [link to this post]

Be persistent. U need to constantly be on their backs every time the fault shows itself. Just tell them its intermittent when u call so u don't get charged if they don't find anything. They don't seem to keep logs of what happened in the past so it gets logged as a new fault.
I had an intermittent fault which went on for several years, eventually they found the fault in the cabinet (which they fixed straight away)

AOL/TheFreeDotNet/RedHotAnt/Ezesurf/Pipex/Madasafish/O2 Premium/ BT Infinity 2
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Sun 01-Mar-15 18:07:37
Print Post

just cut it with an axe and say omg BT why have no phone/bb whats going on ??

OR will replace it.

SKY FTTC - 40/10
My Ping
Now on the BT/EE Mobile Trial!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 961a
(newbie) Sun 01-Mar-15 18:23:09
Print Post

Complain again
and again
and again
explaining the situation
Ask for your complaint to be escalated
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 02-Mar-15 08:28:04
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

Of course, BT might charge for the work as it isn't wear and tear but an "error" by the customer.
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 02-Mar-15 16:14:37
Print Post

As well as following some of the suggestions here, can I also suggest that you send them a notification via http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Make it clear that you have raised the issue on this Forum!!

My experience is that this would get monitored/actioned sooner!

Regards,
John
Standard User trif
(newbie) Tue 03-Mar-15 22:53:15
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

Of course, BT might charge for the work as it isn't wear and tear but an "error" by the customer.

do you mean chopping it with an axe would be an error? lol smile

I have submitted an email ticket as per your instructions johnjburness so maybe something will happen smile
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Mar-15 23:07:23
Print Post

The best chance of achieving this would be to migrate isp's to AAISP , and if they cannot get it sorted out then i doubt that anyone can,in short if some local metal thieves decided steal the offending cables from under the footpaths or roads that would leave them little choice in the matter ( i accept no responsibly for the actions of others) there's not a great deal that can be done with BT openreach
If you cut your incoming telephone cable you will just be risking a bill for the engineers visit, and would possibly still have the same problem , they will only replace the copper/ali cables as a last resort due to the costs involved

Edited by tommy45 (Tue 03-Mar-15 23:11:09)

Standard User trif
(newbie) Tue 03-Mar-15 23:23:23
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Thanks for the recommendation of AAISP I figured there'd be a best ISP to go with for customer service and kicking OR's ass and didn't even need to ask and you told me smile

It obviously wouldn't make sense to do anything to our nearest incoming cable as that's still in good condition, however on a wet day an engineer did point out the offending bit of overhead cable so I guess if I don't get anywhere with OR and AAISP I will just have to hope for some kind of very unlucky metal thief related incident....
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Mar-15 00:24:43
Print Post

Pole eh, i can hear the chainsaw already,lol,
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to