User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User 961a
(newbie) Sat 21-Feb-15 11:33:37
Print Post

How to get a new deal from BT

[link to this post]

Coming to the end of my 18 month BT contract for line rental, ADSL broadband and Anytime calls + free BT Sport via Sky Box I'm considering FTTC which has just become available or wondering if I can haggle some sort of new fixed term deal without moving to another provider

Quite honestly my 8Mbps broadband does all I need and is rock solid, but I'm not happy to simply go on to the full price BT prices when all these deals are kicking around if I move to another supplier

Has anyone had success in negotiating a new 12 month contract with BT at a reduced price?

If so, what brings the best discount?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 21-Feb-15 12:16:03
Print Post

Re: How to get a new deal from BT

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

If upgrading from ADSL2+ to FTTC then I'd fully expect you to be able to get the promotion pricing, but not benefit from any vouchers. Certainly that is normal for Sky, TalkTalk etc

New FTTC connections all come with a minimum of a 12 month contract, apart from one provider who appear to be taking the risk (Pulse8), since the wholesale contract is 12 month minimum term.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Sat 21-Feb-15 12:27:04
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

If you ring up and say you are thinking of leaving they will put you on to the retentions department that will offer various deals. Sadly, the lowered retention loyalty deals rarely match up to the disloyalty deals you will get from switching; especially when you take cashback offers into account as well.

I was offered around £5 a month of their listed fibre offerings. If I'd been interested in BT Sport I would probably have taken it; as I'm not I and didn't feel like subsidizing those that are and moved to PlusNet.

--
Recently moved from BT Infinity 2 to PlusNet. Very happy so far.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 21-Feb-15 14:10:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

AAISP Home::1 is a six-month minimum term on both ADSLx and FTTx.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.5/15.1Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to