User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Mar-15 22:52:55
Print Post

Phone echo since fttc on fritzbox

[link to this post]

Evening all

Last week the phone lines been horrible with a nasty echo, this happens when calling any number when using the analogue line via a fritzbox 7490.

I've tried many different handsets they all do it. If I plug a corded phone in direct it's OK if a little noisy (humming). I've also tried a new Fritzbox which does the same thing.

Engineer came out today said seems OK to me.

Am tech support say it's a line fault:

Hear the call connected to an analog landline echo, the signal delay in this connection is unusually high. The delay results in such a strong echo that integrated in the FRITZ! Box echo canceling the echo can no longer suppress.
The signal delays are increasing again when the phone is connected to a PBX (eg FRITZ! Box). As a result, the echo in some cases becomes so strong that neither FRITZ! Box phone still will be able to completely eliminate the echo.
Therefore, it is possible that the echo can be heard only when the phone is connected to the FRITZ! Box is connected and not when it is used directly on the landline.

Anyone have any ideas I'm really stuck, don't want to go back to using a normal phone as I live the advanced stuff the fb does but trying to get BT to investigate is a nightmare.

We had no problems with phone for 10 years but since the installed fttc cab we've had terrible noise, been shifted to a new pair and engineers say they're fed up as nearly whole village is like it.

Any thoughts gratefully received, cheers
Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Fri 27-Mar-15 11:59:02
Print Post

Re: Phone echo since fttc on fritzbox

[re: Rich44] [link to this post]

Do a quiet line test - 17070

If you can hear noise, report it to BT.

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Mar-15 12:20:32
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

But make sure that it's audible with a basic corded phone in the master socket . otherwise you may end up with a hefty bill and still have the noise on the line
With intermittent noises these can be even harder to trace, your average PSTN engineer
doesn't carry a JDSU or EXFO so can test as in depth as a bb trained engineer with the kit could

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 27-Mar-15 16:42:13
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Better in the test socket - (behind the VDSL filter plate if it was a pre-self-install setup), plus, if not using Openreach approved modems then who knows what Openreach will say.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync zilch (problem somewhere) since 11:46a.m. 24/3/15
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Mar-15 19:01:09
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

your average PSTN engineer
doesn't carry a JDSU or EXFO so can test as in depth as a bb trained engineer with the kit could

Yeah they do.

Print Thread

Jump to