User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User redstripe
(regular) Fri 10-Apr-15 13:00:49
Print Post

BT Renewals

[link to this post]

Anyone renewed a contract over the last six months and paid exactly the same for 12 or 18 months ?

Word is that discounts are shrinking.
Standard User rosspaul
(member) Sun 12-Apr-15 14:15:49
Print Post

Re: BT Renewals

[re: redstripe] [link to this post]

Dont renew.
The contract lapses automatically but you still pay the same monthly and can terminate it whenever You wish. Mine "expired" last July and I'm on Infinity

AOL/TheFreeDotNet/RedHotAnt/Ezesurf/Pipex/Madasafish/O2 Premium/ BT Infinity 2
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Apr-15 15:41:11
Print Post

[re: rosspaul] [link to this post]

For some depending on what deal they signed up to the price can go up st the end of the minimum term

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 12-Apr-15 16:56:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by rosspaul:
Dont renew.
The contract lapses automatically but you still pay the same monthly and can terminate it whenever You wish. Mine "expired" last July and I'm on Infinity

People renew to get a cheaper deal in exchange for being locked in. It's a good option if you are happy with your provider and want to commit to them in exchange for a discount.

Oliver.
Standard User rosspaul
(member) Sun 12-Apr-15 18:11:09
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
Dont renew.

People renew to get a cheaper deal in exchange for being locked in. It's a good option if you are happy with your provider and want to commit to them in exchange for a discount.

OK I stand corrected.
When I asked about renewing, it worked out more expensive for me (they could not beat what I was currently paying).
I'll reword my post to say that check out what BT offer you carefully and you may find that just letting your contract lapse may be the best option.

AOL/TheFreeDotNet/RedHotAnt/Ezesurf/Pipex/Madasafish/O2 Premium/ BT Infinity 2
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 12-Apr-15 18:15:04
Print Post

I'll reword my post to say that check out what BT offer you carefully and you may find that just letting your contract lapse may be the best option.

A lot of people simply ask for the the deals being offered to new customers, which is a fair request, and often granted.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Sun 12-Apr-15 18:16:09)

Standard User Storm_Force
(regular) Sun 12-Apr-15 19:46:23
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I have always called up before the contract expires (always been with BT) this year they actually rang me first. Paying less now for the next 12 months then it was for the past years just over a tenner month for unlimited broadband (not fibre as not available yet)
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Apr-15 00:49:41
Print Post

Contracts don't lapse; it's just the min. term that expires. That's why, generally, you continue paying the same under the existing contract (subject to its terms on price rises). Hence it is often advantageous to to lock in to a new min term under a new contract in exchange for a lower price.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User redstripe
(regular) Mon 13-Apr-15 15:34:03
Print Post

[re: Storm_Force] [link to this post]

I'm aware of a couple of BT users who have recently had contracts ending and they had major issues getting similar deals. Obviously one can speculate that the mega millions spent on football and billions on EE are why they have become tight.
  Print Thread

Jump to