User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Sat 11-Apr-15 12:14:38
Print Post

Home Hub 5A no longer getting full sync due to INP

[link to this post]

Hello

Has anyone else noticed that since Impulse Noise Protection​ has been enabled the Max Sync can longer be achieved on the HH 5A. The max DS is 78/9 Mb and US is around 16Mb... The max achievable on both is way over the max speed you can sync..

Latency also increased dramatically... If I go back to my Huawei modem I can get max sync again and low latency.

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User Tazz_uk
(experienced) Sat 11-Apr-15 21:05:20
Print Post

Re: Home Hub 5A no longer getting full sync due to INP

[re: Tazz_uk] [link to this post]

For anyone interested here is the link about this on the Kitz forum: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,15283.msg284...

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User jroadley
(regular) Sun 12-Apr-15 10:31:53
Print Post

Yep, ended up getting a Huawei modem off ebay, flashing it and sticking that in front of the type A HH5

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Sun 12-Apr-15 10:45:57
Print Post

All I can say is call BT and explain the issue and ask if you can have a Type B hub sent out....

However the chances of them doing it is probably small as they will say their isn't a fault

Plusnet Unlimited 21CN 4200/800 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3 - BQM IPv4
Plusnet Fibre Extra 66000/20000 @ 450m > HG612 (Unlocked) > Linksys LRT224 - BQM IPv4
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 13-Apr-15 16:00:42
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I wonder if BT will release a firmware.
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Mon 13-Apr-15 18:54:03
Print Post

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

Depends if the chipset supports G.INP at all and if the chipset manufacturer has released drivers to make compatible with G.INP...

Plusnet Fibre Extra 66000/20000 @ 450m > HG612 (Unlocked) > Linksys LRT224 - BQM IPv4
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 14-Apr-15 09:42:44
Print Post

How stupid are BT if one of there widely distributed products is not compatible with what it was intended to use lol
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Tue 14-Apr-15 09:48:43
Print Post

Well The HH5 does support G.INP but only the Type B modem it seems,

Unfortunately people in areas requiring a HH5 Type B got a Typa A version instead..

The Type A has a chipset similar to the ECI modems and is not "YET" compatible with G.INP but its been confirmed that the Tybe B which has a similar/same chipset as the HG612 modem is compatible with G.INP and is currently working fine with G.INP..

As I've probably mentioned before... my neighbor has just had a replacement HH5 after a fault with his previous one and that is a Type A... he is seeing a decrease in speed and increase in latency...

Unfortunately I've not bothered telling him as he would go mad, and BT won't do anything yet as it hasn't been confirmed as the issue and his line is still syncing at a speed with BT Wholesales estimate and Residential ISP's or many ISP's at all actually don't guarantee Latency/Ping so they wouldn't see it as a fault!

Edited by mlmclaren (Tue 14-Apr-15 09:52:54)

Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 14-Apr-15 10:04:07
Print Post

My max achievable is the lowest i have ever seen it but it is still well above the highest sync so its not really a problem for me if indeed G.INP is even the cause. A higher ping isnt a major downer either, i might not get clobbered with lag compensation so much on COD.
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Tue 14-Apr-15 10:08:00
Print Post

Well max achievable being lowered might not be G.INP issue but to be honest I and others haven't really got to grips with everything G.INP yet so were still learning..

As long as your connection is stable (Latency/ping wise) then gaming should be OK, it's when latency becomes unstable and varies that games like COD kick you or become very screwy due to the system at their end working overtime to work out what your ping is!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to