User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GeoffB
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Apr-15 18:54:15
Print Post

BT Mail adverts

[link to this post]

I've just been moved to the new webmail interface. So now we have an advert as part of the message listing.......words fail me! (And I can't get rid of it).

Dell Inspiron 15, Win 8.1, IE11
8GB RAM
BT Infinity 2 via HH5
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Apr-15 18:59:19
Print Post

Re: BT Mail adverts

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

I use outlook.com to access my BT email. Any ads there are handled by AdBlock Plus.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User GeoffB
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Apr-15 20:36:50
Print Post

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

I've joined Outlook.com. All working fine, but my emails from BT seem to take about 15 minutes before being downloaded. Is there a way to shorten this?

Dell Inspiron 15, Win 8.1, IE11
8GB RAM
BT Infinity 2 via HH5

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Wed 22-Apr-15 22:28:36
Print Post

I'm not on BT any more, but I think you have two ways to transfer ... either direct BT mail to forward emails (which should be fairly instant) or get the far end to poll for BT emails (which will have a delay depending on polling interval).

--
Recently moved from BT Infinity 2 to PlusNet. Very happy so far.
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Apr-15 22:39:45
Print Post

Sorry, don't know. I only have the BT mail account as I am a BT customer and in case BT decide to email me something.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Apr-15 22:47:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by GeoffB:
I've just been moved to the new webmail interface. So now we have an advert as part of the message listing.......words fail me! (And I can't get rid of it).

That sounds more like the redesigned BT Yahoo. The first line of the message list on the new BT Yahoo is a double sized message line which is in fact an advert.

Oliver.
Standard User Rroff
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-May-15 22:06:35
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
In reply to a post by GeoffB:

That sounds more like the redesigned BT Yahoo. The first line of the message list on the new BT Yahoo is a double sized message line which is in fact an advert.

Indeed and its super annoying - I don't care about the odd ad but that one is horribly positioned... especially as a paying customer I don't expect that level of intrusion ad wise. Gonna have to whip myself up a script to remove it I think :|

--------------------------------------------------------------------
<needs updating>
Standard User PaulaB
(newbie) Mon 04-May-15 22:54:34
Print Post

The adverts do not appear in Mozilla Firefox BT webmail if you have the add-on Ad Block Plus enabled. I have complained to BT about the ad in the inbox (before I found out that ABP worked) and they have added my complaint to those of others - so we are not alone in hating this new format.

Also, with this new version, it's impossible to sign out and log into another email address!!! You can log out....but then, when you select Email again, it automatically logs you into the email account you were in previously! You don't get the login screen. Brilliant! One way around this is to clear the cache but you really shouldn't have to do this as there is clearly a sign out option! The other way is not to check the "keep me logged in" option.

Edited by PaulaB (Mon 04-May-15 22:58:11)

Print Thread

Jump to