User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-May-15 17:49:07
Print Post

HH5A - New Firmware Trial (Hopefully resolves G.INP issues)

[link to this post]

Just got an email from BT Trial team about a new firmware being deployed this evening to my HH5A.

Email below:

Hopefully it resolves the G.INP issues.

http://i59.tinypic.com/5b9vg5.jpg

I'll report back tomorrow smile

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 22-May-15 00:21:10
Print Post

Re: HH5A - New Firmware Trial (Hopefully resolves G.INP issu

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

Let's hope so.

I'm amused by the instruction at the bottom right as to how to reboot the Hub. smile

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User jcym
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 22-May-15 00:52:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

That made me lol too smile

Edit: How bad is that, five words and I did a typo frown smile

Edited by jcym (Fri 22-May-15 00:53:29)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Fri 22-May-15 10:55:21
Print Post

Out of interest, how do you sign up to this beta test?

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User omnius
(member) Fri 22-May-15 11:27:54
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

Trial has been running several days before this post and is now complete, i was on it and have seen a huge improvement on my hub5a, so much so im now going to ditch my white modems into the cupboard until the next problem comes our way (prob vectoring). The mods have informed us that openreach are now ready to roll it out and it will take several weeks to complete.

I also believe its not hub firmware but more "background" or even DLM changes as my firmware has not been changed.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 22-May-15 12:11:26
Print Post

[re: jcym] [link to this post]

The BT trials teams recruits people of ALL abilities including those who need instructions for every small task or change. They are not just checking te hardware and software functionality but the documentation too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 22-May-15 12:44:41
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
They are not just checking te hardware and software functionality but the documentation too.
I'm unsure if you are serious, or taking the mickey out of the checking of the documentation smile. And by extension all their checking.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 22-May-15 12:45:30)

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 22-May-15 12:50:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I'm serious. The image shown was also truncated, there is probably another line or two afterwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 22-May-15 12:53:16
Print Post

[re: omnius] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by omnius:
Trial has been running several days before this post and is now complete, i was on it and have seen a huge improvement on my hub5a, so much so im now going to ditch my white modems into the cupboard until the next problem comes our way (prob vectoring). The mods have informed us that openreach are now ready to roll it out and it will take several weeks to complete.
We seem to be talking about two different things in this thread.

You're talking about the Openreach trial to find a solution for the additional latency experienced with G.INP from a Huawei cabinet when the customer's equipment isn't capable of bidirectional G.INP. I understood the original post to be about a new firmware for the Home Hub 5A which improves its G.INP compatibility, presumably by deploying a later DSL blob from the chipset manufacturer.

Assuming these are two separate trials, they appear to be complimentary efforts. It is in customer's interests to have devices capable of taking advantage of G.INP to the greatest extent possible, together with mitigation of the substantial latency increase experienced in the initial G.INP deployment if their device is not capable of bidirectional G.INP.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 22-May-15 12:56:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by BuckleZ:
http://i59.tinypic.com/5b9vg5.jpg

I'll report back tomorrow smile
Please, as a side issue, could you clarify what should be at the bottom right of the linked pic. The "How to reboot" instructions look most peculiar.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to