User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MPJ
(regular) Tue 26-May-15 13:21:51
Print Post

Belkin @TV on BT Hub 5 - Opening Ports

[link to this post]

Hello

Has anyone got a Belkin @TV to work on their BT Hub 5?

Product details at

http://www.belkin.com/uk/FAQ_@TV/

I can get it to work on my network, but not when I am out and about. I am assuming this is because it is blocked by the firewall.

The Belkin manual says -

"Port Forwarding is done so the data for Internet applications can pass through the router or gateway's firewall. If your router supports Universal Plug-n-Play (UPnP), then you should be able to automatically do port forwarding on the router through the @TV.

If your router does not support UPnP you will need to perform Port Forwarding (called port mapping in Apple® routers) to enable video streaming on iPhone® and iPad® when streaming over a 3G or 4G network.

To enable Port Forwarding you can follow the step-by-step instructions in the @TV Set-up software, or if you are a more advanced user and know your home network well you can enable the following settings:

· Open port 56123 for both UDP and TCP traffic.
· Then open port 49177 to TCP traffic.

IMPORTANT: You will need to do this for every device between your @TV and the Internet."

Link http://www.belkin.com/uk/support-article?articleNum=...

I have had a look on by HUB5 setup and seen the section about port forwarding, but can't work out how to open the ports above.

Has anyone ever done this?

Many thanks

Matthew Jones
Amersham
www.amersham.org.uk
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Tue 26-May-15 13:50:26
Print Post

Re: Belkin @TV on BT Hub 5 - Opening Ports

[re: MPJ] [link to this post]

If you are "out and about" then you will not be using your HH5 but whatever router you are connected to at the time over WiFi. You will have no control over those routers.

Or am I missing something?

David

Infinity 2 over FTTP from BTBroadband
Standard User MPJ
(regular) Wed 27-May-15 09:17:24
Print Post

Re: Belkin @TV on BT Hub 5 - Opening Ports

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

The box has a user name and password which I assume it broadcasts to a central Belkin server which their app connects to and then connects you to the box. So the only firewall to alter will be the one the box is behind, to let connections in and out. No idea how, but it all works now!

Matthew Jones
Amersham
www.amersham.org.uk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to