User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User smsmasters
(committed) Wed 24-Jun-15 14:27:51
Print Post

Latest HH5a firmware?

[link to this post]

Well I had fortnightly rebooting issues with my HH5a so I just reverted to my trusty HH4 + HG612 combo.

What's the latest HH5a firmware and has this rebooting issue been fixed already?

Standard User jroadley
(regular) Wed 08-Jul-15 23:35:55
Print Post

Re: Latest HH5a firmware?

[re: smsmasters] [link to this post]

BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11
Standard User DooGie
(experienced) Fri 10-Jul-15 17:22:01
Print Post

[re: smsmasters] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by smsmasters:
Well I had fortnightly rebooting issues with my HH5a so I just reverted to my trusty HH4 + HG612 combo.

What's the latest HH5a firmware and has this rebooting issue been fixed already?

No the latest firmware hasn't fixed this issue.

My HH5 still reboots every 2 weeks. However it's never been a problem to me as it always reboots about 2 am.

Freeserve > Pipex > ADSL24 > COMS > BT Infinity 2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Jul-15 09:06:54
Print Post

[re: DooGie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DooGie:
In reply to a post by smsmasters:

No the latest firmware hasn't fixed this issue.

My HH5 still reboots every 2 weeks. However it's never been a problem to me as it always reboots about 2 am.

It is supposed to do that, it isn't an issue. This is when any downloaded firmware is installed.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 11-Jul-15 12:55:36
Print Post

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

Every two weeks? I don't think so.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sat 11-Jul-15 14:57:29
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Agreed, my HH4A reboots every 2 weeks or there about and it hasn't had an firmware update since January.
BT Home Hub 4 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.26 | Last updated 24/01/15
I think the sole reason the Home Hubs get reset every two or so weeks is because they become unstable and need the reboot.

If we didn't have such a bad faulty line here I would be using our FRITZ!Box 3390 which runs faster and better than the HH4A that we have here.

Roll on when our FTTP goes live (still waiting for database to go live) possibly end of July.

Paul
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Jul-15 10:59:51
Print Post

Think what you like that's the reason for it. When a new firmware is downloaded it doesn't immediately install, it waits until the next scheduled reboot which is every 2 weeks.
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Jul-15 11:05:13
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Agreed, my HH4A reboots every 2 weeks or there about and it hasn't had an firmware update since January.
BT Home Hub 4 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.26 | Last updated 24/01/15
I think the sole reason the Home Hubs get reset every two or so weeks is because they become unstable and need the reboot.

If we didn't have such a bad faulty line here I would be using our FRITZ!Box 3390 which runs faster and better than the HH4A that we have here.

Roll on when our FTTP goes live (still waiting for database to go live) possibly end of July.

Paul

I didn't say anything about a firmware being downloaded every two weeks.

Even if it did reboot for the slightly obscure reasons you believe that would still make it a function and not a issue.
Standard User Sylcol
(member) Sun 12-Jul-15 12:20:30
Print Post

I have HH5 (b) and that does not reboot every two weeks. According to the log it appears to do a check during the early hours but does not reboot. Last time it had been 30 odd days.
Strangely, I have to reboot it myself if I want to use the "free" BT WiFi when friends stay. This stops working after a few days, no idea why.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 12-Jul-15 18:10:15
Print Post

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Alnath:

Think what you like that's the reason for it. When a new firmware is downloaded it doesn't immediately install, it waits until the next scheduled reboot which is every 2 weeks.
Without proof I think you made that up
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to