User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Jul-15 20:49:34
Print Post

BT Mobile SIM only

[link to this post]

Has anyone used this ?

What I'm specifically interested in is, can the SIM provided be a nano sim to fit an I-phone 5 ?

Trawled their site, but could find no answer.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 02-Jul-15 08:10:57
Print Post

Re: BT Mobile SIM only

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Yes, you can get either a full size/micro sim or a nano sim. You select at order. And if you change your phone then within the online site there is an option to request a new sim of the other type.

I have been signed up for about 3 months and the service has been good - much better than the O2 service I was on.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-Jul-15 09:53:58
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

whats the 4G speeds like... have you done a speed test?

WBC 4400/800 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3
FTTC 66000/19999 @ 450m > HG612 > Asus RT-AC87U BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Thu 02-Jul-15 10:27:21
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I have BT Mobile and EE, 4G speeds are essentially the same.
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-Jul-15 10:39:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:

The officially the speeds are restricted to 30Mbit down and 15Mbit up but sometimes you see people saying they get more.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 02-Jul-15 10:43:48
Print Post

I see others have responded. I don't tend to do speed tests on mobile because so much depends on where you are - I'm sure if I was in London it would be amazing but in my little City things are probably different - especially since we don't have the same density of coverage.

However, just done a check on speedtest.net and got 33.41Mbps don and 15.96Mbps up. That's on a Google Nexus 5 with Lollipop.

General performance though is so much better than on my old so called 3G with O2.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-Jul-15 10:51:54
Print Post

OK sounds good.. I'm an EE customer and moved from O2... they are such a poor quality network...

there 4G was slow, their 3G was also slow and constantly found it to be congested or not working at all, call quality was rubbish (thats when calls worked)

I complained to O2 over and over and then opened an official complaint and after 4 months got no where... and then approached the Ombudsman Services as suggested by them and they sided with O2 and said that O2 offering me out of the contract if I paid off the phone component of the refresh contract was fair... thing is anyone can do that...

The situation made me laugh because the Ombudsman Services say they are an Independent and unbiased disputes... but they are funded by the networks and companies it represents...

So I think thats [censored]!

Anyway sorry for ranting, I'm using an iPhone 5S with EE and get 40 mb regularly, but most impressive yet has been the 70-90mbps and the upload isn't too shabby either with results always above 10mbps and up to 50mbps..

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-Jul-15 10:52:22
Print Post

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Alnath:
In reply to a post by mlmclaren:

The officially the speeds are restricted to 30Mbit down and 15Mbit up but sometimes you see people saying they get more.

Restricted... REALLY??

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-Jul-15 10:59:26
Print Post

Little sad face when http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest will work happily on a mobile and actually helps us to talk about mobile speeds more particularly if you can provide a postcode

Record was an overseas 4G user at around 130 Mbps if I recall, have seen phones go faster over Wi-Fi record there is a BT FTTP user with 200 Mbps on an iPhone 5

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-Jul-15 11:00:34
Print Post

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

With mobile the way things work it is easier for testers to report spike speeds rather so it may not always be a real faster than 30 Mbps.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to