User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hutchingsp
(knowledge is power) Sat 04-Jul-15 14:21:02
Print Post

Unlimited Infinity - is £12.50/month the best?

[link to this post]

I'm currently on copper broadband with Sky but on a BT line (throwback from being on O2).

I'm interested in moving to fibre but I also see Sky and ITV have lost the Champions League to BT - meaning I'd need BT Sport to watch it, and to add that to Sky is rather expensive.

It seems I could kill two birds with one stone by switching my broadband to BT as I can then add BT Sport for a fiver a month.

I've been toying between 38mbps and 72mbps though tbh I don't think I need nor can I justify 76mbps.

The best offer I can find right now is £12.50/month for the first 12 months for Unlimited BT Infinity 1 plus the fiver for the BT Sports which would appear to let me watch online using BT's app but also via my Sky receiver.

Any thoughts on whether there are any other offers about, and on how good/bad Infinity is?

I don't have any special requirements here, 02/Sky Broadband has been absolutely fine.

Incidentally are Infinity installs DIY or engineer visit, and do you still need two boxes (modem + router) or has it got a bit smarter now as I believe Sky Fibre is now DIY.

Thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 04-Jul-15 16:17:07
Print Post

Re: Unlimited Infinity - is £12.50/month the best?

[re: hutchingsp] [link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/bt/package/1294.html the gift card makes a dent in the cost in the first year.

As always check on-going price, which are minimum term is £23 per month, versus the £20 for Sky fibre. With both providers when outside minimum term its negotiation time if you want to keep price reasonable.

BT and Sky fibre are usually both self-install now and with single boxes.

The desire to have BT Sport and the champions league does push everything towards BT,

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User hutchingsp
(knowledge is power) Sat 04-Jul-15 17:07:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, and indeed after 12 months it goes up, but it's a 12 month contract.

I can't find a single offer on the 76mbps product - presumably people who truly need that will pay for it so they don't see a need to incentivise people.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 04-Jul-15 18:07:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

If you are silly enough to pay it.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 04-Jul-15 19:05:13
Print Post

Plusnet do a six-month discount on 76/19.5, and BT Sport as an option. (Line and BT Sport price rises coming).

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Jul-15 01:48:11
Print Post

Talktalk is £28ish a month for 80Mbps right now, if you migrate a line over. This includes line rental. By far the cheapest option, I've just signed up for it at my new place... Given that the Sky Hub keeps rebooting itself due to me having over 16 devices frequently using it (so scrapping Sky).
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 05-Jul-15 02:48:35
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

How many devices will the TalkTalk VDSL router support without falling over?

Sixteen connected devices sounds to me to be rather more than cheap domestic kit is designed for. Semi or fully-professional kit is advisable.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User hutchingsp
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Jul-15 09:06:45
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

As far as I know I'd still have the BT Sport issue? And it's Talk Talk who last time I checked have just about the worst reputation out there, though I can't say I've kept up to date.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 05-Jul-15 09:20:24
Print Post

For HD on your Sky TV box it's another £4 per month, although there might be a reduction for the first year.
Standard User hutchingsp
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Jul-15 09:26:54
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
For HD on your Sky TV box it's another £4 per month, although there might be a reduction for the first year.

Thanks that's a good spot - seems that isn't optional either i.e. if you have Sky HD you have to have the BT HD option.

Annoying but it still seems the cheapest combo of unlimited fibre plus phone line plus the sports on Sky and available to stream.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to