User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 08-Jul-15 22:39:02
Print Post

What's BT Customer Service Like?

[link to this post]

I'm currently with Plusnet and find the customer service pretty decent and the forums helpful. What are user's opinions of BT customer service?

So far I've only had minor experience with staff and community forums - staff OK, community forums dire - were my initial impressions.
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 08-Jul-15 23:06:16
Print Post

Re: What's BT Customer Service Like?

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

In the 10 weeks I have been with BT (also an ex Plusnet customer).

I haven't used the online chat , but will do if my weekend drop in speed does not improve.

The BT Community forums are a complete and utter waste of time. I asked the same question, about my speed drop here and on the Community forum, I got an answer here and still waiting on the forum. The BT customer forums have a small team of Mods who are useless and seem to have a script to work from!

Steve
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 08-Jul-15 23:20:08
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

The Community mods just remove negative posts and ban users posting negative comments. They went through a stage of moving negative posts into the Lounge but the description is "This is the place for off topic chitchat on subjects other than BT service problems" lol

The so-called gurus just trot out the usual canned excuses rather like sea-lions performing tricks for rewards of fish.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jroadley
(regular) Wed 08-Jul-15 23:34:19
Print Post

Used live chat a few times - no issues.

When g.inp got added to my cabinet - they didn't have a clue what was going on (as with most ISP). But a quick search on this forum sorted it.

I think they're great - not cheap - and now have phone/bb/tv with them.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 09-Jul-15 00:17:56
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

So how do you deal with problems when the BT staff are probably going to be script driven(foreign call centres?) and the community forums are mostly useless?
Standard User pcologist
(learned) Thu 09-Jul-15 06:37:46
Print Post

In the 8 years that I have been using BT I have probably had to contact the help facilities a dozen times or so, I have found them to have been very polite and helpful and on the occasion when they could not help they have passed the problem on to someone who could and who solved my problem quickly.
So speaking as I find my experience with their customer service was professional and very helpful. I have no complaints very satisfied with BT.
Standard User rich_jtg
(member) Thu 09-Jul-15 07:24:14
Print Post

[re: pcologist] [link to this post]

I was dreading using BT CS after hearing horror stories, however I've had to contact them twice since joining, and each time was dealt with by someone in a UK call centre, and the enquiry was sorted out quickly (although had to rebuff a bit of upsell).

Pipex > Zen > Be > iDNet > Freeola > Zen > BT Infinity 1
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 09-Jul-15 07:47:41
Print Post

I have had dealing with BT CS on three occasions since I move my broadband to them and all three times were resolved satisfactorily.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 09-Jul-15 08:11:26
Print Post

I have to call the retentions centre as a starting point to try and get any problems resolved
0800 587 7216
Standard User 961a
(regular) Thu 09-Jul-15 08:43:48
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In one year service has been good and contact has been easy, uk based and efficient.

One problem based on incorrect pair alteration at the cabinet was solved quickly

Broadband speed has been at top of ADSL range throughout
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to