User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User JHo1
(regular) Thu 09-Jul-15 08:51:38
Print Post

Re: What's BT Customer Service Like?

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

I switched bb 7 years ago because the service and customer support were so poor. But that was 7 years ago so I won't bore you with that out of date story. My most recent contact was 18 months ago when my phone line went down (phone was still with BT). I used my mobile to report the fault only to have the voice recognition software at the other end tell me I was not a BT customer and put the phone down on me! In desperation I waited for accounts to open up, they don't work 24*7. The guy there was VERY helpful, noted everything and assured me I would not have to repeat myself when he passed me over to tech support. He passed me over, phone rang, and rang. When it was answered I had to answer all of the dumb questions and I got fobbed off.

I left shortly afterwards. I am never going back to BT.

John
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 09-Jul-15 08:53:24
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

I called billing yesterday on 150. The guy in India put me on hold twice then asked me to call back in 4 hours because their systems weren't working.
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 09-Jul-15 10:14:45
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Who do the support desk people call when their support systems are not working? laugh

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 09-Jul-15 10:19:03
Print Post

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

TalkTalk Business Broadband Customer Service tongue.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User chris52
(regular) Thu 09-Jul-15 13:56:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

BT are great as long as you don't need them!

I have just had a new HH5 router because my old one failed. I was promised delivery on the next day when I reported it but it has taken over a week, 5 phone calls and 4 orders to actually get one here. I have waited in virtually every day for a router that was promised but never sent.

So top marks for giving me a new router for free after 15 months and zero points for the administrative chaos that took place in getting it here.

I would also say that the quality of the call centre people that I talked to varied enormously.
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Thu 09-Jul-15 15:04:59
Print Post

I used BT until about 1 year ago when I migrated to Plusnet.
I found customer service just about OK. I found some of the support staff very hard to understand even though I am used to working with Indians.
Similar with the forums, OK but not as many people making useful comments as on Plusnet.

BT Cloud was the shining low spot of what they offered; it might have improved now but was truly terrible then.

--
Recently moved from BT Infinity 2 to PlusNet. Very happy so far.
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-Jul-15 12:56:02
Print Post

The only time that I've ever used them, I went via their Rep on this site:- BT_Care (who you will notice is very often under "Who's Online").

I then listed my problems onto the TBB Forums page, but then completed the online Form (http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950), which was linked to the information published here!

Regards,
John
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-Jul-15 13:44:11
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by johnjburness:
The only time that I've ever used them, I went via their Rep on this site:- BT_Care (who you will notice is very often under "Who's Online").

I then listed my problems onto the TBB Forums page, but then completed the online Form (http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950), which was linked to the information published here!

How quickly did BT sort out your list of problems to your satisfaction?

plusnet user
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 12-Jul-15 11:02:11
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Apprentice:
In reply to a post by johnjburness:

How quickly did BT sort out your list of problems to your satisfaction?

They worked quite well.

The important thing was that an individual appeared to "take-ownership" of the problem & followed through (all to do with transfer of ISP to BT), without having to continually go via a "far-flung" Call-Centre.

On that basis, I could not fault them!

Regards,
John
Standard User derekdel
(learned) Sun 12-Jul-15 12:28:35
Print Post

For general problems BT customer services are fine, if you get a UK based centre then happy days.
If you have a bigger problem then it hits the fan by the truck load...... This week I had to deal with tier 1 and tier 2 advisor's in India and I'm honestly surprised I didn't jump off my roof in desperation trying to very concisely and clearly explain the problem.
Repeating the problem a few times [often more] to the same person and then only having to go through the exact same process with tier 2.
At least now they use there own geographical first names now instead of 'Steve' & 'Mary'
Although there is a effort dare I say eagerness to resolve the problems, that is clear, there is still the language barrier!

BT community support forum are not Indian based [as far as i know] and when it comes down to major issues like congestion are only drip fed information from higher up the CoC therefore making them seem useless but in reality are extremely helpful.
There are few 'expert' [non staff] muppets on the BT Community forum that would benefit from a sharp kick in the nuts and only seem to post to get a higher post count, very inflammatory and most definitely NOT wanted when you are having a problem......I would also add not all the experts on there need the kick only a minority..

So OK-ish for simple stuff [to a point] but a nightmare for serious problems...

BT are like every other provider, if its working brilliant but you can really judge a company with its customer support and comments made by their customers.

Look at trust pilot for a BT review, most people will either say a provider or service is good or bad with a few short sentences, for BT the reviews read like short stories..... gulp!

You get what you pay for... [Even Zen have issues, everyone does]

ZeN Line 1 BQM
ZeN Line 2 BQM
BT Backhaul sucks
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to