User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mac_d
(regular) Fri 31-Jul-15 10:56:35
Print Post

Getting charged above standard price for Infinity

[link to this post]

When checking out the BT price increases, I discovered that I am being charged slightly more than the standard £23 per month for my BT Infinity, and after speaking to customer services, still can't get a proper explanation as to why. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I've been told I signed a new contract agreeing to the slightly higher figure, but that isn't right.
a) The only thing we did was renew our Line Saver Rental. The email about this order doesn't make any mention of the internet or anything else.
b) Why would I even agree to pay more than the standard cost of £23?!

Edited by mac_d (Fri 31-Jul-15 10:57:58)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 31-Jul-15 11:35:25
Print Post

Re: Getting charged above standard price for Infinity

[re: mac_d] [link to this post]

Infinity pricing fluctuates, so sometimes there are offers where the offer price is lower than normal, but the standard price is slightly higher.

So one guesses you signed up when one of the higher Infinity standard pricing offers was in place and as that was in the contract you agreed which even after the minimum term turns into a rolling 30 day contract, if that said standard price was £25 that is what you will pay.

If you want the current standard £23 pricing its negotiation time and maybe agreeing to a new 12 month contract, and a good number do get a better deal for a while, just make sure you know what you are agreeing too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mac_d
(regular) Fri 31-Jul-15 13:30:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

When I signed up the standard price was £23 and I have been paying that all along (except for the initial 3-month reduced + gift card offer). They are saying I placed a new order last year and agreed to pay nearly £25.

The only 'order' I have a record of is a renewal of the line rental saver for the year, the confirmation email about the order doesn't mention anything else.

Maybe I have automatically had the one-year contract renewed at a higher price and missed the email they sent about it?

I didn't realise there were differing prices because when I log into my account and choose the upgrade option, the package I am currently on is showing as available for £23, so I can't fathom why I am being charged more.

I'm not even sure what to do about it as after two very poor experiences of dealing with BT customer services, I am no further forward and dreading trying to phone them back to get it resolved.

Edited by mac_d (Fri 31-Jul-15 13:32:20)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 31-Jul-15 15:04:59
Print Post

You could try contacting the BT Rep, via a PM, who looks into this site!

Please refer to my other email!

Regards,
John
Standard User snowmeow
(newbie) Fri 31-Jul-15 20:24:15
Print Post

BT charge the standard rates until they have a price increase. This puts up the price for existing customers but still offers the standard rate for new customers.(less any introductory offers)

You would have been paying £23.00 until December 2014 but when BT put up all their prices the amount would have increased to £24.45. It will also increase again when BT put up their prices in September 2015.
Standard User Sylcol
(member) Sat 01-Aug-15 16:33:42
Print Post

Have to say that I changed to BT from TalkTalk to get fibre and that is fine.
However, TT has a terrible reputation for customer service but BT is worse!
All BT seem to do is increase the price once they have you.
I am on the introductory offer but when I checked the price to go unlimited it was £23 so no idea why they have quoted you £25.
When my 12 months is up I will look to change ISP.
Standard User mac_d
(regular) Sat 01-Aug-15 18:30:23
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

Cheers I will probably try that next week sometime.
Standard User mac_d
(regular) Sat 01-Aug-15 18:33:51
Print Post

[re: snowmeow] [link to this post]

Thanks, that makes sens. But why is it when I log on as an existing customer my option to change to various other Infinity products show £23 as the price and not the £24.45 if that is now my 'standard' price?
Standard User mac_d
(regular) Sat 01-Aug-15 18:36:27
Print Post

[re: Sylcol] [link to this post]

I wouldn't touch TalkTalk even if they paid me! To be fair to BT, I had problems previously on their standard broadband which the main reason I left them for Zen, but Infinity has been almost rock solid in terms of performance for me, I have no real complaints (so far).
Standard User sb1958
(newbie) Sun 02-Aug-15 14:38:47
Print Post

I've just tried to register for Infinity 1 and starter tv. The price changes to 15 pounds from 10 pounds when I go to order. I also already have line saver but have never been a previous broadband customer. The online chat told me there maybe a glitch and to try another day. Handy glitch for BT when there is an offer on. Anybody else experiencing price changes on the order screen?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to