User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tedsloan
(learned) Thu 06-Aug-15 16:09:57
Print Post

BT Infinity telephone contact number.

[link to this post]

I have an elderly friend who is with BT and has commented on the modest download speed with his BT Infinity setup. When with him recently installing some new software he showed me that his download speed using the BTW Performance Test came to 7.5Mbps. At the time there were no other users in the house and his connection to the Internet was the only one.
He lives in an adjacent Housing Development and we are each within about 700 metres from the same green roadside cabinet. I do NOT know the route taken by either of our phone lines when leaving the cabinet but I get a steady 48Mbps . I am with PLUSNET. As the difference in our speeds is so marked that I would like to hear from BT if that is the maximum speed he can attain on download. They do have a number of suggestions on their web site regarding slow speeds but my friend seems to pass the test on those.
Can someone please give me a telephone contact to BT where I might seek help on his behalf? Thank you.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 06-Aug-15 16:16:24
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity telephone contact number.

[re: tedsloan] [link to this post]

What does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html say for the range of FTTC speeds on the connection.

0800 111 4567 is the support number http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/bt.html

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 06-Aug-15 18:19:27
Print Post

When he uses the BT Performance Test, ask him to continue to the Further Diagnostics button at the bottom of the page.

It will ask for the phone number then give some graphics he can ignore unless the downstream is red, and in the text box it will give his IP Profile. That number might help us.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57584/13846kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tedsloan
(learned) Sat 08-Aug-15 21:48:54
Print Post

Thank you both for your reply.
I haven't yet been to see my friend about the above but putting his telephone number in at my site at Broadband Availability Checker I get the following readings -

FTTC Range A (Clean) Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) High 48.7 Low 33.8

FTTC Range B (Impacted) Downstream Line Rate High 40.3 Low 24.1

I do not know what either of these terms - Range A & Range B - mean but am guessing that he should be getting a lot faster download than what he is experiencing.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 08-Aug-15 22:00:43
Print Post

What ipload speed do they get?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 08-Aug-15 22:24:58
Print Post

Another thing you can do as well as get the IP Profile as I described earlier, is in the Home Hub GUI go to Troubleshooting >> Helpdesk. I believe the normal line stats and a bit of other useful stuff are there.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57584/13846kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to