User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jroadley
(regular) Wed 12-Aug-15 04:57:07
Print Post

BTTV Multi Room query

[link to this post]

Having just ditched SKY - the BT TV (Youview+) we had in the bedroom will now be moved to the lounge. I noticed BT offer multiroom for £5 a month + one off cost - but can anyone confirm it is a complete mirror of your existing package (all channels I pay for, will be viewable on the second box).

The reason i ask, is the wording on the order form about "selection" of channels.
Standard User lelboy
(committed) Thu 13-Aug-15 12:06:43
Print Post

Re: BTTV Multi Room query

[re: jroadley] [link to this post]

Yes, absolute mirror.
I have the package which provides me with selected Sky channels - which is quite a good bargain, if you can wrench yourself away from the few Sky channels that BT DON'T offersmile
Should you have the "BT multiroom offering" and subscribe to the Sky additions, you do of course have to be hard-wired to your router/hub to get the extra programmes: no wireless to date, unfortunately.
I use 2 x YouView boxes, and on old BT Vision box (cheap on eBay) which allows me to use it as a "Freeview" recorder.
No problems at all - recommended.
You do, however, need Infinity or a very good (high) ADSL connection!
Hope this helps. Les
Standard User jroadley
(regular) Fri 14-Aug-15 08:04:18
Print Post

[re: lelboy] [link to this post]

Thanks for confirming. We already have the entertainment max package so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to lose any channels.

Just to confirm - you can watch BT sport HD channels with the multi room option.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lelboy
(committed) Fri 14-Aug-15 12:51:39
Print Post

[re: jroadley] [link to this post]

Ha, as we've never used BT sport at all, I can't give a 100% answer there but, as all the Sky channels are duplicated, I can't see any logical reason for the sport not to work on BOTH. You could ring 08008001234 to check if you wish.
Cheers, Les.
  Print Thread

Jump to