User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Aug-15 11:51:11
Print Post

BT TV on Sony Youview

[link to this post]

Does BT's TV service work on any Youview capable device or is it restricted to BT sold Youview equipment or even certain Youview equipment models?

I've got a Sony KDL-43W756C which has Youview built in.

I'm yet to connect the TV to an aerial or even update it to get the Youview stuff but I'm soon to be moving and it will more than likely become the main TV for the new place and be hooked up to an aerial or satellite (or both),

As I'm also in the market for changing Broadband provider when I do this move there is a chance that BT might get a bit more consideration if I'm able to take advantage of their subscription TV channels using this also.

EDIT: Wrong TV Model... UPDATED!

Edited by mlmclaren (Mon 17-Aug-15 13:31:10)

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 17-Aug-15 14:30:06
Print Post

Re: BT TV on Sony Youview

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

As yet you cannot subscribe to a BT TV package without taking one of their boxes so I suspect the answer to your question is no.

Basically ,what you have is a TV which has adopted the Youview backward-scrolling EPG as a means of accessing the standard free catch up services. I hope for your sake that it is not the full-blown horrid, clunky Youview user interface.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Aug-15 15:15:53
Print Post

Re: BT TV on Sony Youview

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gomezz:
Basically ,what you have is a TV which has adopted the Youview backward-scrolling EPG as a means of accessing the standard free catch up services. I hope for your sake that it is not the full-blown horrid, clunky Youview user interface.

The TV is not yet setup for Youview... its awaiting the Firmware upgrade due before end of this month... however I'm lead to believe it will be the "full blown horrid clunky Youview user interface" you speak of... though I suspect it will be in an "app" form as the TV has an Android Based OS!

From what I experienced with BT Vision back in 2013, as soon as the Youview box is connected to a BT Broadband connection the BT app appears on the menu's and then you subscribe through BT and it was accessible though that was before Live Streams! or even Fibre!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to