User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User boranatty
(newbie) Sun 06-Sep-15 18:36:04
Print Post

ADSL2+ Question

[link to this post]

A few weeks ago our local exchange Torksey in Lincolnshire was upgraded, as part of this you could order adsl2+, some of the local residence are now getting much better speeds as expected but some of them are still on the old adsl speeds, these are over a mixture of ISP's.

On some that are stuck on the old speeds we have reset the routers as advised,some ISP's say a order has to be raised,and some are just getting the speed improvement without doing anything

When a exchange is enabled for adsl2+ does it normally include as users connected or is a case a order has to be placed as an upgrade
Thanks
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 06-Sep-15 18:42:57
Print Post

Re: ADSL2+ Question

[re: boranatty] [link to this post]

The ISP has to order the upgrade from BT Wholesale.

Most do it automatically for all customers that may benefit, (some users are better staying as they were), but it is done in blocks to a schedule over time. The more flexibility the particular ISP gives BT the cheaper it is for them. Moving individual lines, for instance if a customer gets pushy, costs more and that cost can be passed onto the customer.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User boranatty
(newbie) Sun 06-Sep-15 20:39:52
Print Post

Thanks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 06-Sep-15 20:53:38
Print Post

I should have said - it's in the interests of the ISP to move their customers over, as ADSL2+ is cheaper for them than the old ADSL Max. If the line is better on ADSL Max they can still force it down to that on the ADSL2+ infrastructure and price.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to